Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been out of touch - would anyone please update me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been out of touch - would anyone please update me?

I've been dealing with deaths, surgeries etc. - Can anyone give me any insight on my Bear? My brief searching has only shown me that she may or may not be in the air in September. What's up?

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Been out of touch - would anyone please update me?

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post
    I've been dealing with deaths, surgeries etc. - Can anyone give me any insight on my Bear? My brief searching has only shown me that she may or may not be in the air in September. What's up?

Thanks,

Tom
    The Airplane Doctor sez: "This patient needs a heart transplant before September"...

Comment

The Bear wasn't in the her cave when I was there in June for PRS. She must be out wondering around, cause I know she's hungry.

Comment

Odd...
        I figured with all the cubic dollars Rod has that he would have his prized Reno racer ready to go - unless he feels like it's lucky for the Bear to thrash until go time.

Tom

Comment

The Earth is still round; water is still wet...

Comment

And Wild Bill is still a smart a$$...
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
              The Earth is still round; water is still wet...
              Radial Engines are Round and Wet too !!

Comment

A little bird told me that the Bear could have a power plant as early as next week. It has also been noted that a certain race project has been removed from the Bear Cave. Any word on where that might have gone and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Callaghan View Post
                  A little bird told me that the Bear could have a power plant as early as next week. It has also been noted that a certain race project has been removed from the Bear Cave. Any word on where that might have gone and why?
                  Them Texas Boys got that there new engine all broke in yet?

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                    Them Texas Boys got that there new engine all broke in yet?
                    No sign of an engine just yet..
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                      No sign of an engine just yet..
                      Doh, that's right- still three or four weeks early for them, what was I thinking?!

Comment

Originally posted by Callaghan View Post
                        First off, it wasn't going to be raced, it was being built for speed and time to climb records. Just before PRS it was all packed up into a shipping container for long term storage. Unless someone else buys it, I doubt it will see the light of day again.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                          First off, it wasn't going to be raced, it was being built for speed and time to climb records. Just before PRS it was all packed up into a shipping container for long term storage. Unless someone else buys it, I doubt it will see the light of day again.
                          It was originally the intention to also race it, the huge speed brakes on the sides aft of the cockpit were one of the "secret tricks", get the R-3350 engine up to RPM with the brakes out, then retract them when the race started.

It will make some rather nice Coke and Pepsi cans, when it is all melted back down.

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                            It was originally the intention to also race it, the huge speed brakes on the sides aft of the cockpit were one of the "secret tricks", get the R-3350 engine up to RPM with the brakes out, then retract them when the race started.

It will make some rather nice Coke and Pepsi cans, when it is all melted back down.
                            Does Rod Lewis own American Spirit now? I knew a lot of the people that started that project in a "barn" in Cornells back yard. If Dave and Bonnie liked you their ridgebacks might let you back there to have a peek. I remember Mel sweating as they were shaving rivets on the wing. I think Dave was trying to build an airplane that would break all of the Rare Bears records because he was angry at Lyle. It's a shame that it's probably never going to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
                              Does Rod Lewis own American Spirit now? I knew a lot of the people that started that project in a "barn" in Cornells back yard. If Dave and Bonnie liked you their ridgebacks might let you back there to have a peek. I remember Mel sweating as they were shaving rivets on the wing. I think Dave was trying to build an airplane that would break all of the Rare Bears records because he was angry at Lyle. It's a shame that it's probably never going to fly.
                              Rod Lewis bought it about the same time as the Rare Bear.

And yes, it is a crying shame that it will not get to prove itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X