Bomber on the course -- Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomber on the course -- Quiz

Questions regularly come up about unusual aircraft racing at Reno. This rather poor quality backlit photograph provides proof of something. Actually he's flying a pretty good course rounding pylon 6.

So name the airplane and the year...

Neal

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rxx--12bomb-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	241946

Re: Bomber on the course -- Quiz

Originally posted by wingman View Post
    Questions regularly come up about unusual aircraft racing at Reno. This rather poor quality backlit photograph provides proof of something. Actually he's flying a pretty good course rounding pylon 6.

So name the airplane and the year...

Neal

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21500[/ATTACH]
    Hard to tell the color (at least on my laptop), but 1986, Scholl's Pacific Princess?

Comment

Very good, considering the quality of the scan...

Race 125

Neal

Comment

Comment

Race 143...

Click image for larger version

Name:	R85--8bomber4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	227948

Comment

Love the Penzoil sticker in the waist. "It must be a racer, it's got a sticker on it."
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Very good, considering the quality of the scan...

Race 125

Neal

First, thanks for the quizzes in the first place, Neal. I appreciate the history in your photos.

Generally, I'm not on line often enough to get in a good guess before someone else answers. And yes, my answer was something of a guess, but the scan did seem to have a blue hue to the aircraft. And the turret, helped, too.
              Last edited by FlyKidChris; 07-14-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

You're welcome, Chris. I'm glad folks enjoy the quizzes. I very often seem to learn something from them myself.

I've been doing a lot of scanning of older slides this summer. I've bought a new scanner software that is working out well so far -- these older Kodachromes are notoriously difficult to scan but I'm pretty happy with the results I'm getting.

I thought you made an excellent educated guess.

Neal

Comment

You're welcome, Chris. I'm glad folks enjoy the quizzes. I very often seem to learn something from them myself.

I've been doing a lot of scanning of older slides this summer. I've bought a new scanner software that is working out well so far -- these older Kodachromes are notoriously difficult to scan but I'm pretty happy with the results I'm getting.

I thought you made an excellent educated guess.

Neal
                  Thanks for livening up the hangar Neal! How's Birgitta? I'm sure I'll see you at RENO.. I think I'll be a bit "freeer" this year.. (don't think LASTV will have large presence i.e. "me" this time) Didn't even get time to do one pylon run.. Truly hard to cover the event from the sticks, but, much harder to flush one's system of the desire to live out there all week!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

You're welcome Wayne.

Birgitta is well. She's upstairs right now slaving away on an article for a desert publication that has been using her work (and my photos) for some time. She's getting quite good at this writing thing.

Reno looks unlikely for us again this year. It's just not as much fun as it used to be...

Neal

Comment

Working...
                    X