Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 232's state

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on why he (MB) may not be the most popular guy amongst the participants? It seems kind of odd in the tiny world of air racing. Certainly not unheard of, just not the norm in this day and age. Or so it seems.
    I think you are part of a certain clique or you're not. May also be the reason others don't want to come to Reno and race Unlimiteds.

Comment

How bad do things corrode in reno?

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
        How bad do things corrode in reno?
        It's not the environment in Reno that causes corrosion. It's the ADI and race fuel that are very corrosive.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
          It's not the environment in Reno that causes corrosion. It's the ADI and race fuel that are very corrosive.
          Yup. Reno is extremely non-corrosive. With a good chunk of our year spent in single digit humidity, things left outside for 50years can easily survive. As an example, I've got what might be he only piece of the Marsden Matting from 1965 NCAR runway displayed in my back yard. Besides being mangled by a bulldozer, its in great shape considering it's literally been sitting outside here for the last 50yrs. It still has some the original military green paint on it. I had planned to reference a photo of it at this point but upload no workie.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
            Who would he get to crew it? Every bridge was burned on the way out of town last time.
            Seems this is about the 3rd time somebodys asked this in this thread in one form or another with no answer but WHY no answer? What burned bridges and why if MB is not popular at Reno/Stead isn't he?

Comment

Working...
            X