Off topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic

This is really off topic from recent discussions here, but I thought I'd put up a link.

A desert singer I greatly admire did a song a while back on the great pilot Jacqueline Cochrane. He spent a lot of time and effort researching this thing, and I really like the result.

Also on the album 'Hangtown Fry' on Blue Night Records (BNR 223) Mucic and lyrics - John Malcolm Penn © Radio Flyer MusicA tribute to Jacqueline Cochran (190...

Re: Off topic

Thanks for posting this. I disagree, this is not off topic. Given her accomplishments in aviation, it's appropriate to post any thing about her. Ran across my mothers WAF flight training log book after passing. Jacqueline Cochran was commander of WAF.

Comment

Donald,

Was that WAF or WASP?

Comment

Certainly not off-topic, and an excellent piece. Thanks!

- Joseph

Comment

I'm glad somebody enjoyed that. John is an interesting character. Ex Marine Viet Nam vet who claims never to have had a real job since. Quite the singer/songwriter/ storyteller. As I get older and spend more time in the desert and with country people, I like music like he and his friends do more and more. Once I was rock and roll, then I was jazz and delta blues, and now it's old people music, I guess.

I thought it was pretty cool when this guy decided to write about an aviation figure...

Neal

Comment

Working...
          X