Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Will Dago Rise Again?

Default Re: Will Dago Rise Again?

Quote Originally Posted by CJAM427 View Post
    I didn't think they were actually working on the scoop, as per the NAG recount of the banquet:

Then came the question of changing the bottom scoop to be more like Strega's. Steven's response was "actually the radiator on Voodoo cools very well, aerodynamically there is always room for improvement on the airplane, but we're not at that stage of the game right now we're paying attention to other things, so we'll see if we get there. There are lots of options for scoops or no scoops and so forth so itís on the list."

So, cool!

There are pics floating around of the new scoop and ducting being fabricated. The scoop inlet looks Dago-ish from the side with a slightly wider mouth opening when compared from the front. There is also a new one piece duct from the scoop inlet back to the face of the radiators.

Quote Originally Posted by Race5 View Post
    There are pics floating around of the new scoop and ducting being fabricated. The scoop inlet looks Dago-ish from the side with a slightly wider mouth opening when compared from the front. There is also a new one piece duct from the scoop inlet back to the face of the radiators.
    Could those pics float their way over here?

Join Facebook, it's not the evil empire people. If you want to keep up with things you need to be active in social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAM427 View Post
    Could those pics float their way over here?
    I have seen them, but I am not at liberty to share. They weren't posted publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Adams View Post
    Join Facebook, it's not the evil empire people. If you want to keep up with things you need to be active in social media.
    This was great!

I don't have a personal account there.. Literally just a nameless account, from which I follow the air racing threads. That's it!

Lightbulb Re: Will Dago Rise Again?

[B]Well guys in the real world they want to win again and who knows what the farmer might have up his sleve, and to running a bad course how else would you pass some slow people, let see maybe go underneath them, just food thought.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by T. Adams View Post
    Oh really? FB records basically everything you do on the net via cookies they "give" you when you are there... One of the largest money guys behind the startup was a CIA former director.. Evil Empire?? Probably not but if you value your privacy, be careful what you do and say there (FB)...

Jussst Sayin'
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang1957 View Post
    I'm banking on sooner than later that Dago Red is back on the unlimited roster.
    "Dago turning into a TF was a rumor started here (Facebook). It's all together in one place. And depending on how Reno goes, it'll race again. That, from Steve Hinton Jr who visited it a month ago or so."

Call me totally crazy but lets look at something here. We have Dan Martin at PRS right now as a backup pilot? That is a little like having Mario Andretti as your backup driver. Yes, Dago was taken away from him by the bank. Its now owned by a former Dago team member. If given the opportunity to get back in the seat of Dago, would DM go for a possible backup in Grim Reaper, or climb back into the cockpit of Dago as a surprise entry? IF (BIG IF) Dago is all back together, clearly the rebuild has been kept very hush hush. Up till this statement was made (from a pretty reliable source as well) it was largely assumed to be in pieces in Fresno, fate unknown. I don't know about you guys, but 1 assembled in secret Dago sitting in a hangar, + one Dan Martin at PRS might = Dago returns Sept 2015? Obviously lots of speculation here, but it wouldn't be the first time an unlimited has arrived at Stead last minute after being written off (Jeanie, Tsunami, and most recently PM a couple years ago) How awesome of a surprise would it be to have Dago arrive just before the cutoff time this year?

I'm not saying it will happen, but what if? We can always dream right?

Will
    Last edited by RAD2LTR; 06-19-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: can't type or spell

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    "Dago turning into a TF was a rumor started here (Facebook). It's all together in one place. And depending on how Reno goes, it'll race again. That, from Steve Hinton Jr who visited it a month ago or so."

Call me totally crazy but lets look at something here. We have Dan Martin at PRS right now as a backup pilot? That is a little like having Mario Andretti as your backup driver. Yes, Dago was taken away from him by the bank. Its now owned by a former Dago team member. If given the opportunity to get back in the seat of Dago, would DM go for a possible backup in Grim Reaper, or climb back into the cockpit of Dago as a surprise entry? IF (BIG IF) Dago is all back together, clearly the rebuild has been kept very hush hush. Up till this statement was made (from a pretty reliable source as well) it was largely assumed to be in pieces in Fresno, fate unknown. I don't know about you guys, but 1 assembled in secret Dago sitting in a hangar, + one Dan Martin at PRS might = Dago returns Sept 2015? Obviously lots of speculation here, but it wouldn't be the first time an unlimited has arrived at Stead last minute after being written off (Jeanie, Tsunami, and most recently PM a couple years ago) How awesome of a surprise would it be to have Dago arrive just before the cutoff time this year?

I'm not saying it will happen, but what if? We can always dream right?

Will
    Dago was not taken away from Dan by the bank. Dan did not own Dago at any point.

And I doubt that that the post means the kit is assembled -- I think most of the pieces are more or less in one place...

Like everybody else, though, I do miss her!