Will Dago Rise Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Dago Rise Again?

[B]Well guys in the real world they want to win again and who knows what the farmer might have up his sleve, and to running a bad course how else would you pass some slow people, let see maybe go underneath them, just food thought.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
      Join Facebook, it's not the evil empire people. If you want to keep up with things you need to be active in social media.
      Oh really? FB records basically everything you do on the net via cookies they "give" you when you are there... One of the largest money guys behind the startup was a CIA former director.. Evil Empire?? Probably not but if you value your privacy, be careful what you do and say there (FB)...

Jussst Sayin'
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang1957 View Post
        I'm banking on sooner than later that Dago Red is back on the unlimited roster.
        "Dago turning into a TF was a rumor started here (Facebook). It's all together in one place. And depending on how Reno goes, it'll race again. That, from Steve Hinton Jr who visited it a month ago or so."

Call me totally crazy but lets look at something here. We have Dan Martin at PRS right now as a backup pilot? That is a little like having Mario Andretti as your backup driver. Yes, Dago was taken away from him by the bank. Its now owned by a former Dago team member. If given the opportunity to get back in the seat of Dago, would DM go for a possible backup in Grim Reaper, or climb back into the cockpit of Dago as a surprise entry? IF (BIG IF) Dago is all back together, clearly the rebuild has been kept very hush hush. Up till this statement was made (from a pretty reliable source as well) it was largely assumed to be in pieces in Fresno, fate unknown. I don't know about you guys, but 1 assembled in secret Dago sitting in a hangar, + one Dan Martin at PRS might = Dago returns Sept 2015? Obviously lots of speculation here, but it wouldn't be the first time an unlimited has arrived at Stead last minute after being written off (Jeanie, Tsunami, and most recently PM a couple years ago) How awesome of a surprise would it be to have Dago arrive just before the cutoff time this year?

I'm not saying it will happen, but what if? We can always dream right?

Will
        Last edited by RAD2LTR; 06-19-2015, 12:27 PM. Reason: can't type or spell

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
          "Dago turning into a TF was a rumor started here (Facebook). It's all together in one place. And depending on how Reno goes, it'll race again. That, from Steve Hinton Jr who visited it a month ago or so."

Call me totally crazy but lets look at something here. We have Dan Martin at PRS right now as a backup pilot? That is a little like having Mario Andretti as your backup driver. Yes, Dago was taken away from him by the bank. Its now owned by a former Dago team member. If given the opportunity to get back in the seat of Dago, would DM go for a possible backup in Grim Reaper, or climb back into the cockpit of Dago as a surprise entry? IF (BIG IF) Dago is all back together, clearly the rebuild has been kept very hush hush. Up till this statement was made (from a pretty reliable source as well) it was largely assumed to be in pieces in Fresno, fate unknown. I don't know about you guys, but 1 assembled in secret Dago sitting in a hangar, + one Dan Martin at PRS might = Dago returns Sept 2015? Obviously lots of speculation here, but it wouldn't be the first time an unlimited has arrived at Stead last minute after being written off (Jeanie, Tsunami, and most recently PM a couple years ago) How awesome of a surprise would it be to have Dago arrive just before the cutoff time this year?

I'm not saying it will happen, but what if? We can always dream right?

Will
          Dago was not taken away from Dan by the bank. Dan did not own Dago at any point.

Comment

And I doubt that that the post means the kit is assembled -- I think most of the pieces are more or less in one place...

Like everybody else, though, I do miss her!

Comment

Them boys in Chino would have Dago together so fast, it would make your head spin..

Common guys.. Anyone remember Super Corsair?

- Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                And I doubt that that the post means the kit is assembled -- I think most of the pieces are more or less in one place...

Like everybody else, though, I do miss her!

The quote above was a reply to a comment I made that Dago was sitting in Fresno in pieces. When the reply is "Dago is together" it would sort of imply that its not sitting in pieces. I think my comment was "Last I heard, Dago was in Fresno sitting in pieces and possibly being converted to a TF."

You also have to wonder why Stevo is looking at it in person when the plans to build the scoop could be emailed down, or the part simply shipped to Chino assuming its not on the plane. (A very long shot, but perhaps he as had a hand in reassembling it, especially if they were looking at it for go fast secrets such as the scoop.)

I know Dan Martin didn't own Dago, but he was in the middle of doing some work on it. He was also supposed to fly it when the work was done was he not?

Am I speculating here? Absolutely. Do I have any first hand proof? Nope, just looking at things on the table. Do I expect to see Dago on the ramp? Not at all, but like I said, we can always dream.

Will

Comment

The amount of stupid here boogles my mind. Dago will not be at Reno in 2015, unless you want to buy a picture of it on the back of a T-shirt.

Comment

The amount of stupid here boogles my mind. Dago will not be at Reno in 2015, unless you want to buy a picture of it on the back of a T-shirt.
                    Who ever said 2015?

Comment

if dago does return,2016 or 2017 would be likely,one would think.

Comment

I would like to stay optimistic but I think everyone is jumping the gun here. Stevo's job is somewhat to stir up some rumors to keep the nuts like us on edge and maybe it's just another one of those times..? I think we need some more info about Dago's status from Stevo and some other sources to straighten this out..
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Join Facebook, it's not the evil empire people. If you want to keep up with things you need to be active in social media.
                          Um I'm a friend of yours there? And I would have seen anything posted on any of racing pages as I check them daily!

Connor Madison is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Connor Madison and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                            Um I'm a friend of yours there? And I would have seen anything posted on any of racing pages as I check them daily!

https://www.facebook.com/connor.madison427
                            I know that, I also belong to other groups that filter info. Bottom line, if your depending on this website for your info, your in deep trouble.

Comment

Usually if Stevo as anything to say, it's serious, and to the point. Doesn't seem to be one to 'stir the pot'.

- J

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
                                Usually if Stevo as anything to say, it's serious, and to the point. Doesn't seem to be one to 'stir the pot'.
                                You just have to keep in mind the original post.....

just saw on facebook that someone posted they heard
                                1) just saw on facebook......
                                much what is posted there is pure drama... one's "unique perspective" to put it kindly.
                                2) Someone posted......
                                just to remind everyone - not everything posted on the internet is true.
                                3) that they heard......
                                as my grandfather was fond of saying... never believe anything you hear and only 1/2 of what you see.
                                People like to embellish stories, deliberately or not, and you really only ever see something from one perspective when you see it. If someone else see's the same thing, they may come to a completely different rational.

From what I've read, there is a lot of conflicting info here - and I'm left with the conclusion that Steve has yet to see what's left of the Dago. The original post doesn't ring true. If so, why would (#4 post by Neal) he's looking for is photos of the INSIDE of the exit from the doghouse? If he would have visited, he could have easily just looked (that is, unless EH didn't want him to take a peek). And that's where it get's a bit sticky.....

On a related note, I took a lot of pics during the building of September Fury.... with one shot in particular NOT for public disclosure. As M Brown said, "if they want that mod, let them pay an engineer $50+K to come up with the design - this is proprietary to the aircraft." Not a lot of folks know what's goin' on in the aft end of the Dago doghouse exit.... and being an ex-crew member I'm not going to be the one that talks about it. Now, if the current owner of the airframe gives his approval that's a totally different kettle of fish. It's his fuse, his mod now.... I'm sure if he wanted Steve to know about it, he would show him.

I just thought that I'd share my "unique perspective"... the original premiss to this thread just doesn't ring true so I wouldn't put too much into drawing any conclusions from it.
                                I've probably said more than I should - so I'm going back to scanning happy pictures.
                                Mark K....

Comment

Working...
                                X