Will Dago Rise Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Dago Rise Again?

I really hope they touch the one thing on the plane that could make the most difference, instead of leaving it stock (afaik)...

Comment

Thanks Mark -- that's the one thing that for some reason did not occur to me...

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
        I would sooner bet on Wildfyre racing this year than RB running..............
        The end of their 2014 video says RB will be back in 2015, the races are on their event schedule with RB slated to attend, I don't see why the negativity??
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

With the technological advances in all areas associated with producing higher speeds, and the Chino factor. VooDoo should provide some new records for their hard work!

The young man grew up on his dad's lap, what a great childhood!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
            Thanks Mark -- that's the one thing that for some reason did not occur to me...

Neal
            Not a problem sir... took me awhile to figure out.
            Gotta love that Brad, makes ya think
            although sometimes he just gives me a headache j/k
            Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by MRE View Post
              Since they are making a new scoop for Voodoo I would think it will be very close to if not an exact copy of Dago's.
              I didn't think they were actually working on the scoop, as per the NAG recount of the banquet:

Then came the question of changing the bottom scoop to be more like Strega's. Steven's response was "actually the radiator on Voodoo cools very well, aerodynamically there is always room for improvement on the airplane, but we're not at that stage of the game right now we're paying attention to other things, so we'll see if we get there. There are lots of options for scoops or no scoops and so forth so it’s on the list."

So, cool!

Comment

Back to Dago, I thought the exact Facebook quote should be posted:

Dago turning into a TF was a rumor started here (Facebook). It's all together in one place. And depending on how Reno goes, it'll race again. That, from Steve Hinton Jr who visited it a month ago or so.

Comment

I'm banking on sooner than later that Dago Red is back on the unlimited roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang1957 View Post
                    I'm banking on sooner than later that Dago Red is back on the unlimited roster.
                    An optimist would say maybe even 2016??

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
                      although sometimes he just gives me a headache j/k
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                        I didn't think they were actually working on the scoop, as per the NAG recount of the banquet:

Then came the question of changing the bottom scoop to be more like Strega's. Steven's response was "actually the radiator on Voodoo cools very well, aerodynamically there is always room for improvement on the airplane, but we're not at that stage of the game right now we're paying attention to other things, so we'll see if we get there. There are lots of options for scoops or no scoops and so forth so it’s on the list."

So, cool!

There are pics floating around of the new scoop and ducting being fabricated. The scoop inlet looks Dago-ish from the side with a slightly wider mouth opening when compared from the front. There is also a new one piece duct from the scoop inlet back to the face of the radiators.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                          There are pics floating around of the new scoop and ducting being fabricated. The scoop inlet looks Dago-ish from the side with a slightly wider mouth opening when compared from the front. There is also a new one piece duct from the scoop inlet back to the face of the radiators.
                          Could those pics float their way over here?

Comment

Join Facebook, it's not the evil empire people. If you want to keep up with things you need to be active in social media.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                              Could those pics float their way over here?
                              I have seen them, but I am not at liberty to share. They weren't posted publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
                                Join Facebook, it's not the evil empire people. If you want to keep up with things you need to be active in social media.
                                This was great!

I don't have a personal account there.. Literally just a nameless account, from which I follow the air racing threads. That's it!

Comment

Working...
                                X