Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Dago Rise Again?

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
    I would be surprised if the Rare Bear has anything in it to make the propeller rotate by September...
    Far off, I don't think they're painting her right now to sit in the hangar. 232 on the other hand... The bear will be flying
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
      It's worth remembering that it was Kerch who made Strega what it she is today. I don't think Strega has many secrets Bill Kerchenfaut doesn't know.
      Also worth mentioning is that young Steve is the consummate perfectionist when it comes to the airplane he is flying/racing! I truly believe that much credit should be given him for the preparation of both airplanes and the resulting successes. He is an amazing young man!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The whole "Tiger won on Saturday" thing is tiring. While exciting to watch, the Trophy and the check are handed out on Sunday. Its kinda like winning the Bronze race and advertising at this huge accomplishment when in reality there are a dozen planes in front of you on speed.
        The Voodoo team ran their race on Saturday and Sunday. I believe the mods they are making are not because of a perceived threat from anyone else, but to see how fast they can make that plane.
        You have to give a nod to Precious Metal team with the amount of mods they have made and they are up and flying in June. Will they be competitive this year? I don't think they are a threat to Voodoo and their program this year but in the future they could be.
        Rare Bear will start testing in late August, early September again and will be looking again for lost power.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post
          Rare Bear will start testing in late August, early September again and will be looking again for lost power.
          ...cut off and left on shop floor......
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Since they are making a new scoop for Voodoo I would think it will be very close to if not an exact copy of Dago's.

Comment

this thread was started to talk about Dago Red,so how did we end up talking about the other racers?,lol.
              Last edited by Mustang1957; 06-18-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang1957 View Post
                this thread was started to talk about Dago Red,so how did we end up talking about the other racers?,lol.
                Probably because Dago Red is a pile of mostly missing parts and not a racing airplane anymore, and has been for some time? So what is there to talk about it, that has not been said before?
                Yous Guys can wish and speculate all you want, but what was is not what is now.
                Sorry to have to point that out.
                Sounds like Hopey Changey Air Racing to me.

Comment

from what I saw on facebook,Dago could be racing again in the 2017-2018 time frame.Steve Hinton jr said there was alot of intrest in getting her back to racing form. one could only hope.

Comment

At some point Steve Jr. is going to want his own hot rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang1957 View Post
                      from what I saw on facebook,Dago could be racing again in the 2017-2018 time frame.Steve Hinton jr said there was alot of intrest in getting her back to racing form. one could only hope.
                      I confess, did not see the facebook thingy.
                      Then maybe there is hope after all! We would all like to see it again, for sure.

Comment

The things that are being done to Voodoo are not so much concerned with how fast Strega IS, with how fast Dago Red WENT, but more so with what the Rare Bear once DID.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                          The things that are being done to Voodoo are not so much concerned with how fast Strega IS, with how fast Dago Red WENT, but more so with what the Rare Bear once DID.

I love summer at AAFO.. Can't wait for August!

- Joseph

Comment

I would sooner bet on Wildfyre racing this year than RB running..............

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                              OK, I'll bite. What the Hell does THAT mean???

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                                OK, I'll bite. What the Hell does THAT mean???
                                They're going after the 3km record maybe?
                                Mark K....

Comment

Working...
                                X