Re: Great Battles

YES PLEASE!

Comment

Nice shot Wingman.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm glad you like! I'm in the process of culling and organizing some of my 10,000 or so air race slides from the last 38 years. As many here know, there's a few pretty good images there. If there's interest I'll show a few as I go along...

Wingman

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          If there's interest I'll show a few as I go along...

Wingman
          More than a bit of interest on my part Neal. I've always enjoyed your work. Please, keep 'em coming!
          Mark Johnson
          Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

This History needs to be preserved Neal..
            Not only are we interested! We REALLY want to see more!

- Joseph

Comment

Neal your work is amazing!

I'd love to see some photos of Tsunami.

Comment

You would have to ask about an airplane I never got many really decent shots of in the air. I was really busy crewing on anther Unlimited during the Tsunami years, and a lot of what I did from 1988 to 1993 is kinda one dimensional. I have lots of great Rare Bear pictures, though!

Anyway, it's gonna be mostly IF1 and T-6 racing for a while. That's what I'm working on right now...

Neal

Comment

Neal,

If there was anyway to form a sort-of, Online database/gallery of these, as you post them, would you be interested ?

photobucket is great.. But It would be my pleasure to assist with something more like this..

- Joseph

Comment

For CJAM...

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                      For CJAM...

Thanks, Neal! -Sweet shot!

I totally remembered now that you were part of the Bear team during Tsunami's existence, just not at the time i posted.

I am more than happy to sit back and watch any of your photos roll in, I just have a personal obsession with Tsunami that's all.

-Connor

Comment

Yes Mark you got some of those hard to get pylon shots with plane and Reno in the back ground, looking forward to seeing your work. Saw a few when they were posted on RARA web, sight

Comment

Connor -- I actually share your obsession. I really admired that project. I've always thought that Tsunami had the potential to be the fastest Unlimited of them all. I always remember that even in 1987 she qualified 15 mph faster than anyone had ever qualified before. That fact is always forgotten because by chance Steve made his run minutes after Tiger had blown the minds of everybody on the ground by going just a bit faster yet. Steve was running to a plan, and had he known (or actually had he believed) about Tiger's speed he could easily have gone 5 mph faster on that run. Tsunami was a great Racer...

Neal

Comment

The reports of the Sat. Race in '91 were always rumoring that Tsunami had 1-2 500+ laps while hunting the Bear..

Does anyone have any full-length video of that Race?

- Joseph

Comment

I think "Sky Fire" had that race. Maybe someone who has it could somehow show it legally on AAFO?
                              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X