OAKLAND WARRIORS WON!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OAKLAND WARRIORS WON!!!

Oakland Warriors Win Game 1 in overtime, 108-100.

Oakland-1.
    Cleveland-0.

This is good news for the San Francisco Bay Area economics. People will spend money.

The Warriors will continue to play Cleveland and the first to win 4 of the 7 games is the winner.

Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 06-10-2015, 03:57 PM.

Re: OAKLAND WARRIORS WON!!!

I like Cleveland. Better air racing town...

Comment

Re: OAKLAND WARRIORS Lose Game 2.

Oakland Warriors lose Game 2 in overtime, 93-95. The next two games will be in Cleveland. Lots of money flowing in the local bars.

Oakland-1.
      Cleveland-1.
      Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 06-10-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

When did they become the OAKLAND Warriors? I guess I'm really out of the loop these days!

Where do they play? Do they have a new arena?

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          When did they become the OAKLAND Warriors? I guess I'm really out of the loop these days!

Where do they play? Do they have a new arena?

Neal
          They play at the Oakland Coliseum, 10 miles east of San Francisco. They want to build a new stadium in San Francisco, near Pac Bell Park where the San Francisco Giants play, about 1/2 mile south of the Bay Bridge, but there are a lot of people/businesses opposed to the location, mainly the Hospital nearby stating traffic will delay incoming ambulances/patients needing urgent care...

I think the team is known as the Golden State Warriors. I think they've been playing in Oakland since the Coliseum opened, mid 60's?

From Wikipedia:

The Golden State Warriors are an American professional basketball team based in Oakland, California. They are a member of the Pacific Division of the Western Conference in the National Basketball Association (NBA). The team was first established in 1946 as the Philadelphia Warriors and was based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It won the championship in the inaugural season of the Basketball Association of America (BAA), the league that would eventually become the NBA after a merger with the National Basketball League (NBL) took place prior to the 1949–50 season.
          In 1962, the franchise relocated to San Francisco, California, and was renamed as the San Francisco Warriors. In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California.[3] The geographic moniker Golden State is the official state nickname for California.[4] Since 1966, the team has played home games in the building currently known as the Oracle Arena and exclusively since 1972, with the exception of a one-year hiatus during which it played in San Jose, California, while the Oracle Arena was being remodeled. Along with their inaugural championship win in the 1946–47 season, the Warriors have won two others in the team's history, including another in Philadelphia after the 1955–56 season, and one as Golden State after the 1974–75 season, tying them for fifth in the NBA in number of championships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_State_Warriors

Oakland Coliseum wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O.co_Coliseum
          Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 06-07-2015, 09:25 PM.

Comment

OK -- that's what they've always been called. That's certainly what they were called when I lived in the Bay area...

Thanks

Comment

OAKLAND WARRIORS Lose Game 3.

OAKLAND WARRIORS Lose Game 3, 91-96.

Oakland Warriors-1
              Cleveland Cavaliers-2

Next game is Thursday in Cleveland, 6pm PST. First team to win 4 of 7 games is the winner.

Comment

If the Warriors want to win this, they need to want the win more than Cleveland does. The past two games have shown that they don't. Sure, even the best players have their off days, but come on. Curry needs to show up for more than the last 3 min of the 4th quarter. Oh yeah, spotting a team 20 points is never a good idea either. If the Warriors decide to show up for the next 3 games, they will win the title. If they play like they have for the past 2 games, they won't. Its their title to loose and playing the way they have been, they will.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                  If the Warriors want to win this, they need to want the win more than Cleveland does. The past two games have shown that they don't. Sure, even the best players have their off days, but come on. Curry needs to show up for more than the last 3 min of the 4th quarter. Oh yeah, spotting a team 20 points is never a good idea either. If the Warriors decide to show up for the next 3 games, they will win the title. If they play like they have for the past 2 games, they won't. Its their title to loose and playing the way they have been, they will.

Will
                  At the very end of game 3, I was expecting the Warriors to steal the ball, and throw it full court to tie or win by 1 point. There was a lot of crazy moments in the game with the errors by the players.

You can only run these players so hard otherwise they start slowing down due to exhaustion, injuries...
                  Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 06-10-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Re: OAKLAND WARRIORS WIN GAME 4!!!

OAKLAND WARRIORS Win Game 4, 103-82.

Oakland Warriors-2
                    Cleveland Cavaliers-2

First team to win 4 of 7 games is the winner.

Comment

Do you think because of the money the series will go all the way or will they find over or under inflated basketballs?
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                        Do you think because of the money the series will go all the way or will they find over or under inflated basketballs?
                        So rig the games so they go the full 7 games that way more money is spent by the spectators? Good strategy to keep the US economy going. Maybe you should sell that plan to the team owners. They'd probably go for it and send you a nice big check.
                        Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 06-11-2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

The final quarter last night had Cleveland looking tired. The start of the game was ugly, but the final quarter said a lot. Cleveland is still a threat, but I think they are running out of gas.

Will

Comment

Next Game, Game 5 is Sunday 5pm PST in Oakland. Place your bets.

Comment

Golden State/Oakland Warriors Win Game 5, 104-91. I think the entire Bay Area is enjoying this win.

Oakland Warriors-3
                              Cleveland Cavaliers-2

Next Game, Game 6 Tuesday night in Cleveland.

First team to win 4 of 7 games is the winner.
                              Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 06-14-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X