Pylon 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pylon 1

Pylon 1 Mark K I use to use your web sight when you had it up and running. I would like to know if you have a 8x10 in air print of Dago before the flame's were added that I could purchase and frame for my collection. Still have the one you took at Madera RC Air Races.
    Thanks Fastpace

Re: Pylon 1

Why yes..... yes I do Give me a few days to go though "the stuff" and I'll get a few pics for you to choose from. Thanks for mentioning the Madera pic - now THAT was a long time ago.
    Mark K....

Comment

Yes it was I believe it was around 95, I gave up racing but still fly RC. Since Dago has gone I have picked Strega as my one to like. From the word out there I guess Hoot is going to drive her, hope he can stay with steve o. Tiger made the race worth while, since it is to hard for me to travel I watch it on live stream and I think that is really hot except we need Sam Wright to call the race he would be perfect, not to knock the other people but I feel there loss for words at times. I am so glad to hear from you and have pondered it for a long time after commutating with Mike L. I wish I knew the real story of Dago, I have just heard bits and pieces. I was going to go to Chino and see her but the bank snapped it up to quick. I see they have Voodo there now and have no idea what Tiger has planed, he stole the show last year. For the record I worked at NAA in Ingelwood putting those planes together along with the 25's.
      Fastpace
      Last edited by fastpace; 05-14-2015, 11:58 AM. Reason: used wrong name

Comment

Originally posted by fastpace View Post
        For the record I worked at NAA in Ingelwood putting those planes together along with the 25's.
        Fastpace
        Fastpace, could you elaborate a little on the production process for these aircraft? ...both the B-25, and P-51?
        So many aircraft were built in a very short period of time.
        Last edited by John; 05-18-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

[I]Sorry it was to long ago for me, I was NOT a tecie , I just left that to the higher up's I was just assembly and did what I was told[/I was]just glad to be a part of the war effort at the time. I saw a lot of them sitting out there waiting for delivery, a wonderful sight for the time and looking good.

Comment

[I]Sorry it was to long ago for me, I was NOT a tecie , I just left that to the higher up's I was just assembly and did what I was told[/I was]just glad to be a part of the war effort at the time. I saw a lot of them sitting out there waiting for delivery, a wonderful sight for the time and looking good.
            Thanks! You are very humble, those are such iconic aircraft in history.

Comment

Thank You, I was a real young one back then, but the intertress is still there and I fly RC and I still enjoy them and love Reno.

Comment

I would like to know if you have a 8x10 in air print of Dago before the flame's were added
                I've gotten about as far as I can now - and am in need of some more information/clarifications. I'll attach a couple of pics to show what I'm talking about. The 1st one was taken in 1995 when David Price flew her.... back then she still had the yellow & white stripes on the wing. In '96, she appeared at Reno with new paint on the wings sans stripes (as shown in the 2nd pic.... taken at Reno '99 during Bruce Lockwood's qualifying run). Reno 2000 saw Dago with the flames and now sans the yellow and white stripes on the horizontal tail.

Now if you want a ground-to-air photos prior to '99 (like one during the '95/'94 races) - you'll need to contact Neal, Bucky or one of the older guard photogs as I don't have any pylon shots of the aircraft prior to '99. Even then, it's like the photographers curse - the harder you try to get that awesome pylon shot of that one particular aircraft the more it elludes you. I never really got a great ground-to-air shot of her... just barely acceptable ones (like the 2nd pic below - and that's actually one of the best, go figure.....).

So let me know if you wanted the version with the wing stripes (prior to '96) or if it's OK without (like the '99 paint scheme). After that, we'll just take it from there my friend
                Attached Files
                Mark K....

Comment

Your fantastic the Bruce Lockwood is the one I like, thank you for your trouble.

Comment

Your fantastic the Bruce Lockwood is the one I like, thank you for your trouble.
                    Awesome - I actually already have an 8x10 print of that photo on photographic paper (from the photo lab). PM me with your snail mail address and I'll get it off next week.
                    Mark K....

Comment

I am kind of dumb about how to do that, I need to send you some $$ for it also

Comment

I am kind of dumb about how to do that, I need to send you some $$ for it also
                        I would most appreciate a small donation of your choosing towards AAFO to help Wayne keep this boat afloat. I think you'll find the donation button on lower right of the front page - it's just a nice way to give back to those that make all this possible (and it's a lot easier on everyone too).

I'll be sure to get it off next week - got your info in the PM
                        Mark K....

Comment

Will be more than happy to do that as soon as I figure out how, since I am new to the forum and still trying to fine my way around, I have asked for some help to post a picture like you have with your name. I asked the MAN to help me post a picture, no answer yet. Thanks so much for your help.
                          Fastpace

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
                            it's like the photographers curse - the harder you try to get that awesome pylon shot of that one particular aircraft the more it eludes you.
                            Ain't that the truth!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
                              I would most appreciate a small donation of your choosing towards AAFO to help Wayne keep this boat afloat. I think you'll find the donation button on lower right of the front page - it's just a nice way to give back to those that make all this possible (and it's a lot easier on everyone too).

I'll be sure to get it off next week - got your info in the PM
                              You're just the best Markers!

Thank you for being my friend!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X