Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P51 For Sale - Estate Auction

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
    The remains of the Dago airframe are in WAY better shape. Using Dago parts to rebuild that pile would be the way it would have to go.
    Pile? PILE you say?! What contemptible disrespect for such a beautiful machine!

Comment

I know some of you know but I'm surprised no one is discussing this here...

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by DOC.129 View Post
        I know some of you know but I'm surprised no one is discussing this here...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/scott...52875268312694
        I was going to say it's too ridiculous to even be talking about on here, but then I remembered the PM thread....

I know it's being restored by the same people restoring N35FF, soooo somebody has to know what's happening to it? I think it's going back to stock which sucks because having no combat history it's a perfect racer airframe.

It would be cool to see if they keep it looking like a civilian Mustang, not many of those besides the white one at Stead.
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

At least N5416V was moved on a truck

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
            I was going to say it's too ridiculous to even be talking about on here, but then I remembered the PM thread....

I know it's being restored by the same people restoring N35FF, soooo somebody has to know what's happening to it? I think it's going back to stock which sucks because having no combat history it's a perfect racer airframe.

It would be cool to see if they keep it looking like a civilian Mustang, not many of those besides the white one at Stead.
            Well, given that I'm the Brad Haskin that's in Skip's story, take your ridiculousness for what it's worth. But I will say that we had our BHI Racing crew shirts at Reno a couple weeks back as we were scouting things out.

We've talked to Thom Richard about using the canopy mold. We've petitioned RARA into granting us a waiver so that I can fly from the front while my brother sits in the back and operates the throttle, mixture, and prop rpm. The theory behind that being it's one less thing that I up front have to worry about....essentially a flight engineer so that I can concentrate on the flying.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post

That's what I've been saying (though not here). I'll raise you one - the paint itself ought to be preserved. You can't re-create an authentic patina like that!

Comment

Brad, is it too early to announce the 3-way deal between us, Thom Richard, and John Muszala? I know it isn't finalized yet today, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                  Brad, is it too early to announce the 3-way deal between us, Thom Richard, and John Muszala? I know it isn't finalized yet today, but...
                  No comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                    No comment.
                    I thought you were up to your elbows with the LearSolution?
                    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Working...
                    X