Visit Eagle's Nest May 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit Eagle's Nest May 30

Just a heads up for anyone in the area wanting to visit Eagle's Nest and see what's up in Ione.

Re: Visit Eagle's Nest May 30

Couldn't get anywhere near any hangers and not much for warbirds on display.

The three Sea Fury's flew some formation passes, and Argonaut did some loops and rolls with the smoke on. Then later a P-40 and a P-51 (Primo Blanco?) did a couple of flyby's and apparently departed.
    I'll have some flying pictures up in a while.
    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Great place for a show!

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
        Couldn't get anywhere near any hangers and not much for warbirds on display.

The three Sea Fury's flew some formation passes, and Argonaut did some loops and rolls with the smoke on. Then later a P-40 and a P-51 (Primo Blanco?) did a couple of flyby's and apparently departed.
        I'll have some flying pictures up in a while.
        Green P-40? Probably Kimberly Kaye was the P-51. The pair of them came into Chino together, forget who owns them someone here will know. Sounds like a good time
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The Sanders gang;

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          Green P-40? Probably Kimberly Kaye was the P-51. The pair of them came into Chino together, forget who owns them someone here will know. Sounds like a good time
          Yes, green P-40 and silver P-51. Their formation pass surprised everybody, but I caught them when they made their solo pass.

remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
            The Sanders gang;

Yes, green P-40 and silver P-51. Their formation pass surprised everybody, but I caught them when they made their solo pass.

Yep those are them. Kimberly Kaye is the Stang. Both owned by Tony Banta (I remembered the name). Thanks for the pictures!
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
            X