but at least it's about an "airplane"

WHAT NEXT!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Working 24-7 To Bring a 747 To Burning Man

The Keebird was cooler

Comment

I wonder what their plan is for rain, If the playa gets wet it's going to sink so deep it will be on it's belly...................

Frikkin Idjits

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
        I wonder what their plan is for rain, If the playa gets wet it's going to sink so deep it will be on it's belly...................

Frikkin Idjits
        Agreed!

As someone who enjoy's the playa for its unique flat and smooth surface, it pains me to see something that could cause damage to the playa that would take literally years to undo...
        (each year nature can smooth out about 5/8" of a rut or other damage).

...but then I'm not a Silicon Valley "Google millionaire"...

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffS View Post
          Agreed!

As someone who enjoy's the playa for its unique flat and smooth surface, it pains me to see something that could cause damage to the playa that would take literally years to undo...
          (each year nature can smooth out about 5/8" of a rut or other damage).

...but then I'm not a Silicon Valley "Google millionaire"...

Cheers,

Geoff S.
          You gotta be ****ting me, the place is so screwed up since Burning Man that no one can use it for LSR so what's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
            You gotta be ****ting me, the place is so screwed up since Burning Man that no one can use it for LSR so what's your point?
            I have to admit I've never been to the Black Rock playa, but I thought one of the BM principles was "Leaving No Trace"?

Leaving No Trace is arguably Burning Man's most important Principle. If we don't uphold that one, no more Black Rock City. But Leaving No Trace is not just about the playa; it's our ethic about the whole planet. Burners are...

Comment

Working...
            X