Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of Nikon D600/610s doing strange things with IR lens filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Nikon D600/610s doing strange things with IR lens filters?

I recently bought a D600 with a 610 shutter (from Nikon recall) and decided to try out my IR950 filter on it. The results were very strange. Before anyone asks, yes, it was correctly focused, no light leak, on a tripod, with a shutter remote. These should have been crisp all red shots. What the heck is going on here? Is the IR filter on the sensor incompatible with the IR lens filter? With the filter off, everything is perfect. Its a Nikon 24-85 VR lens.

Will

Re: Has anyone heard of Nikon D600/610s doing strange things with IR lens filters?

Thats really weird, although i do not think it is because the replacement shutter unit.
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Re: Has anyone heard of Nikon D600/610s doing strange things with IR lens filters?

I dont think it has anything to do with the shutter at all. I think the camera might have a mega strength anti IR filter on the sensor. I just haven't been able to find any info saying yes or no. Its possible that I have the wrong type of IR filter, perhaps I need one that works in a different wave-length or something. I haven't had a chance to try this on my old D7000 that I sold to a friend. The IR filter I had for that camera and lens worked fine.

Will

Comment

Pretty sure that filter is strictly for looking through women's clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
          Pretty sure that filter is strictly for looking through women's clothing.
          You need much shorter wavelengths for that.

Comment

Working...
          X