New Racing Site Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Racing Site Found

I'm at Lancaster for the airshow this weekend. Drove out to the west entrance to Edwards yesterday to see the airplanes on display there. On the way out, drove by a huge dry lake bed...............all I could think of is what a great place for an air race. Nothing for miles, with miles of landing surface in any direction.
    Brian

Re: New Racing Site Found

Don't you mean old racing site? Had them there twice in the 1960's I believe.

Jarrod

Comment

I know they had races at Fox Field but this dry lake bed is about 10 miles NE of there. The road going to the west gate of Edwards actually cuts across an edge of the dry lake bed.

Comment

I use to think Creech reserve AFB West of Las Vegas would be a good site.

Comment

That's Rosamond Dry Lake.......I'm pretty sure it is within EAFB boundaries.

Kevin

Comment

Stead is nice because it is 20-30 minutes from downtown Reno, hotels, gambling, food, things to do for non race spectators etc. Where would people stay at these other locations?
            Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 03-22-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Boy boy OH boy! Have I not tread down this road many times.

I missed out on most of the early attempts to get Air Racing going somewhere in addition to RENO, but I did get to be pretty involved with Tunica. In fact, due to mutual Vegas experiences, I wound up in the speed dial of the major sponsor of Tunica, or, the HOPEFULLY major sponsor going forward.. Boyd Gaming guy... you know, the guys who sponsor an entire day of NASCAR at Vegas and beyond..

"I just don't see it"...

That's what Boyd dood said to me on the phone as he was leaving the event..

NO NEW AIR RACE VENUES WILL EVER BE CREATED UNLESS SOMEONE THINKS THERE IS RETURN ON THEIR DOLLAR FOR SPONSORING SAID EVENT...

PERIOD!

Might be able to swing a demo race with promise to everyone that if this promo goes, then bucks will flow in and we'll all be happy..

UNFORTUNATELY...

Don't work that way!

Want to race in other places than RENO? Hell.. Want to race at RENO!?...

BRING MANY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That really is the hard and true facts of the matter.

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X