Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Build Test Documentary

Hey Guys,

This was just released today, check it out.

Some friends are doing a documentary on this years Mojave Experimental Flyin, look forward to seeing you there!

Elliot

Re: Design Build Test Documentary

That is VERY cool Elliot! Assuming an old "nanza" would be welcome at the fly-in.... I'm going to try to talk Big Al into flying his "Banana" down for this..

Dates again?

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      That is VERY cool Elliot! Assuming an old "nanza" would be welcome at the fly-in.... I'm going to try to talk Big Al into flying his "Banana" down for this..

Dates again?

Awesome!! Of course you are welcome in whatever gets you here!!

The flyin and dinner is the 18th of April. The Flour Bombing and Slumber Party is the 17th. And the record setting will depend on weather but will likely be the 15th, 16th, and 17th.

Looking forward to seeing you!!!

Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by laminar View Post
        Awesome!! Of course you are welcome in whatever gets you here!!

The flyin and dinner is the 18th of April. The Flour Bombing and Slumber Party is the 17th. And the record setting will depend on weather but will likely be the 15th, 16th, and 17th.

Looking forward to seeing you!!!

Elliot
        I'm drooling over the prospect of getting to go to this.. Think we can make it there with reserves on one tank, key word "think"... you's guys got good petrol prices there?

Allen just bought a MotorHome so I'm not sure how fond he's gonna be about all this but I WANT TO GO!

Places to roll out sleeping bags??
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          I'm drooling over the prospect of getting to go to this.. Think we can make it there with reserves on one tank, key word "think"... you's guys got good petrol prices there?

Allen just bought a MotorHome so I'm not sure how fond he's gonna be about all this but I WANT TO GO!

Places to roll out sleeping bags??
          Gas is at $4.97, I believe. Please buy a lot, it't the only way the event can repay the airport for their sponsorship.

Sleeping bags? For sure on Friday night, and likely on Saturday night too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flyer2 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	227893

Comment

Awesome, awesome trailer!

Know of anyone from my area that's flying in?

Comment

That is awesome!
              Random Air Blog

Comment

is this open to the public?

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                  is this open to the public?
                  Supercub,

Yes it is.

http://www.mojaveflyin.com/

Think of it as an airport open house. There isn't really a way to charge admission to the flyin and there aren't any stadium beers or funnel cake. It's all about keeping the overhead of the event down both cost and planning time. So the result is awesome airplane people on an airport doing awesome airplane things.

The records take place the week before, specifically the second half of the week. And the record setters will stage out of the T-hangars on the west side of the field. Just guys in hangars prepping airplanes. The low altitude records require a waiver because the airplanes are flying so low and so fast. As a result we can't publish where they are happening and the folks that are there have to be directly associated with the record attempt.

The awards dinner and aviation slumber party are open to the public. Just register using the event website. Thanks to the Mojave Airport for donating the use of the event center the costs of both these events is low relating only to the cost of the food.

I hope that helps.

Elliot
                  Last edited by laminar; 03-20-2015, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X