1923 Dort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1923 Dort

Ok, its really slow in here, so this is all I got today. It is photography related though :-)

First off I have never heard of this manufacturer before, considering the time period, the quality and engineering seem pretty good. I am always impressed with the fit and finish of the time.

Since my profession involves graphic design, technical media and photography, hi res old photos are interesting. First off I always wonder if the subjects are still alive and what there life was like. Then there is the critique side of me. Here's what caught my eye/interest:

1 - The front bumper was formed/bent from one long piece of metal with interesting design.

2 - Driver's side marker light/turn signal is not aligned correctly.

3 - Rubber was a new material back then, apparently the molding process had not yet been perfected (note windshield to cowl rubber?

4 - They had directional tires back then?

5 - The passenger was very photogenic

Anything else catch your eyes???

Re: 1923 Dort

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Ok, its really slow in here, so this is all I got today. It is photography related though :-)

First off I have never heard of this manufacturer before, considering the time period, the quality and engineering seem pretty good. I am always impressed with the fit and finish of the time.

Since my profession involves graphic design, technical media and photography, hi res old photos are interesting. First off I always wonder if the subjects are still alive and what there life was like. Then there is the critique side of me. Here's what caught my eye/interest:

1 - The front bumper was formed/bent from one long piece of metal with interesting design.

2 - Driver's side marker light/turn signal is not aligned correctly.

3 - Rubber was a new material back then, apparently the molding process had not yet been perfected (note windshield to cowl rubber?

4 - They had directional tires back then?

5 - The passenger was very photogenic

Anything else catch your eyes???

#1 Bumper is at least two pieces
    #2 Not a mirror, it's a lamp
    #3 Have you been diagnosed with OCD?
    #4 Perhaps
    #5 You're into cross eyed women? To each his own I suppose.

Comment

[QUOTE=knot4u;123503#5 You're into cross eyed women? To each his own I suppose.[/QUOTE]**** I hate to step in on this board.. I thought she was very pretty, didn't notice anything wrong with her eyes...

Really not the issue, just hoping I misinterpreted your message and it was meant, purely, as a tongue in cheek joke...
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Sorry, can't restrain myself on this one:

#1 - The front bumper is made from two identically formed pieces. One is attached to the left frame rail and forms the lower half. An identically formed piece is flipped over, attached to the right frame rail and forms the upper half.

#4 - The tires do not have directional tread. No matter which way you flip, rotate, twist, or turn them, the tread will leave the same track in the dirt.

#5 - I don't think she's crosseyed, but I think one eye is brown and the other is blue. That's not necessarily bad, but she might be part Border Collie.
        Last edited by Skyracer; 03-08-2015, 10:42 PM.

Comment

That bumper does appear to be made of one continuous piece of bar stock. One end "tucks behind" the bumper on the left side, and the other end terminates the same way on the left.
          Kevin
          Last edited by FuryFan; 03-09-2015, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            **** I hate to step in on this board.. I thought she was very pretty, didn't notice anything wrong with her eyes...

Really not the issue, just hoping I misinterpreted your message and it was meant, purely, as a tongue in cheek joke...
            Not sure what you're talking about? Someone asked for observations and I responded in a hopefully humorous way.

Comment

And the headlights are crooked.

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
                And the headlights are crooked.
                And there you have it....!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hmmm, and I was about to mention how the rubber molding process was no worse in 1923 than it was in 1959 when Triumph was using the exact same sort of rubber seal in the base of the TR3 windshield frame...and how they were still inclined to pucker. These seals were not usually molded to final shape, and thus picked up a pucker or two as they were forced over a curve.

I love molded rubber parts. They wear out and new ones must be purchased. Commerce baby!
                  No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                  http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

So wow, that's the first Dodge Dort?

Comment

Working...
                    X