Turbine Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turbine Legacy

aren't they based in Provo or Spanish fork Utah? I hear someone go rocketing over the house a couple times a week in a legacy, when the weather is good. it sure sounds good.
    Todd Smith

Comment

Has Patey ever raced at Reno? Gonna be one impressive Lancair when its done.
      Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
        Has Patey ever raced at Reno? Gonna be one impressive Lancair when its done.
        Samuel,

No Mike has not raced at Reno. We were really hoping last year after he set the records at Mojave and one the Experimenter of the year trophy that he would go on to compete at Reno. It looks like this might be the reason he didn't make it! Awesome!!

Check out Mike's Paint The Plane Contest.

http://www.mojaveflyin.com/2015/03/m...ey-update.html

Elliot and Jenn

Comment

Hey Guys,

Mike sent over this update on his progress last night.

http://www.mojaveflyin.com/2015/03/m...e-3-15-15.html

Check it out!!

Elliot

Click image for larger version

Name:	3-15-15.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	227892

Comment

A couple new updates have been added to the Mojave Experimental Flyin Site.

http://www.mojaveflyin.com/2015/04/m...ey-update.html

http://www.mojaveflyin.com/2015/03/m...update_31.html

Come see the airplane in person, meet Mike, and watch him set up to 8 world records with this brand new airplane.

Will he make the event? Will the airplane be fast enough to se tthe records? Be the first to know and come out to the flyin!!!

Elliot Seguin
            http://wasabiairracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              Ummmmm... wire feed welder and argon... auahh auahh auahh....
              Nice... It's NOT a wire feed welder, look closer... auahh auahh auahh....
              We might be idiots, but not TOTAL idiots. We save that for the weekends

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Patey View Post
                Nice... It's NOT a wire feed welder, look closer... auahh auahh auahh....
                We might be idiots, but not TOTAL idiots. We save that for the weekends

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...d=0CM8BEPMCMAQ
                Nice first post... Ahh... thanks for the correction....
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  Nice first post... Ahh... thanks for the correction....
                  SOOOOO SORRY for the lame first post Wayne. Sometimes I'm an idiot even on the weekdays.

When I first saw the post about the wire feed welder, I felt like I needed to defend myself so people didn't think we built an engine mount using wire feed instead of a TIG. I asked my wife what "araugh araugh araugh" meant in your original post as I didn't understand it. She said, "well it looks like he is laughing at you, people can be brutal on chat forums." That made total sense that someone would be laughing at me if everyone thinks we are welding an engine mount with wire feed. I honestly thought I was being mocked. After your comment with the "what gives" shoulders I was forced to reach out for more expert chat forum help on how I miss read the laughing in your original post. I'm told "araugh araugh araugh" is the text version of Tim the Tool Man Taylor's expression for "manly awesomeness" Don't know how I missed that.

I've always avoided chat forums, now the only time I've ever been pulled into one was to defend myself and it turns out I didn't need defending at all, except from myself.

Wayne, you meant no harm in your original post, it was TOTALLY my misread!!!! I'm sorry.

Comment

actually i saw the bottle on the welding cart and thought wire feed as well! my assumption was, you were mocking things and tig welding later off the air frame...
                    is it common knowledge that TIG welders use gas shielding too?

SOOOOO SORRY for the lame first post Wayne. Sometimes I'm an idiot even on the weekdays.

When I first saw the post about the wire feed welder, I felt like I needed to defend myself so people didn't think we built an engine mount using wire feed instead of a TIG. I asked my wife what "araugh araugh araugh" meant in your original post as I didn't understand it. She said, "well it looks like he is laughing at you, people can be brutal on chat forums." That made total sense that someone would be laughing at me if everyone thinks we are welding an engine mount with wire feed. I honestly thought I was being mocked. After your comment with the "what gives" shoulders I was forced to reach out for more expert chat forum help on how I miss read the laughing in your original post. I'm told "araugh araugh araugh" is the text version of Tim the Tool Man Taylor's expression for "manly awesomeness" Don't know how I missed that.

I've always avoided chat forums, now the only time I've ever been pulled into one was to defend myself and it turns out I didn't need defending at all, except from myself.

Wayne, you meant no harm in your original post, it was TOTALLY my misread!!!! I'm sorry.
                    Todd Smith

Comment

SOOOOO SORRY for the lame first post Wayne.
                      We're good Mark! Sent you private message..

The auaah auuaah auaah was a reference to that Tim Allen used to do on, shoot, what was it.. tool time?? Anyway, it's the "manly" sound we make when we take a good picture and chimp it, or make something work that seemed impossible, particularly, when you have access to the wonderful thing that a mig welder is... truly wasn't thinking any deeper about what was being made, and meant the post as a compliment that plain old folks can make something really special if they have the right tools...

Again, we're all good and WELCOME TO THE HANGAR

Nice work on the mount btw!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

"is it common knowledge that TIG welders use gas shielding too? "

The TIG process always uses sheilding gas, "IG" being Inert Gas. The MIG acronym can be misleading because some types of wire have a flux core and can be used without shielding gas.

Kevin

Comment

it appears that Mike has finished his Turbine Legacy and that it was parked at OSH during Airventure. There is a photo of it on the Airventure photos page. Try this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/eaaair...h/19844345190/

Any other photo's are surely welcome. Looking forward to September.

Regards,

Dave
                          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by catalinadave View Post
                            it appears that Mike has finished his Turbine Legacy and that it was parked at OSH during Airventure. There is a photo of it on the Airventure photos page. Try this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/eaaair...h/19844345190/

Any other photo's are surely welcome. Looking forward to September.

Regards,

Dave
                            He won an award as well. (not sure which one exactly)

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                              He won an award as well. (not sure which one exactly)
                              The Tim The Tool Man Manly award?

Comment

Great photos on the link. Thanks for posting.
                                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X