http://airbossone.com/

Re: RARA Has New CEO

I like the sound of this. Thanks for posting
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      I like the sound of this. Thanks for posting
      Maybe he can get Coca Cola to sponsor the Races !

Comment

Let's hope he's more Alan Mulally than Robert Stempel. Although a Coke sponsorship would be awesome, the job needs organizational skills (which the man likely has) and vision. A lot of great organizers don't have good vision.
        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Thats a good direction, better than the "board" trying make it work.

On paper he sounds good, time will tell.

Now if he gets the RARA website countdown clock working I'll be impressed

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            Now if he gets the RARA website countdown clock working I'll be impressed
            Now that is funny..

Although, I have to give them credit, the new website is sooo much better than the old one. I actually went to it the other day and found what I was looking for. Amazing!
            Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

The RGJ has a bit longer article:
              Mike Crowell, a former Coca-Cola executive, was hired as president and CEO of the National Championship Air Races.

"Crowell said his top priorities are meeting with sponsors, volunteers, vendors and others in preparation for this year’s races..."

Interesting that pilots/race teams aren't mentioned. Hopefully it was an omission by error. I'd think the race teams would be the first group he meets with.
              Sky Critter

Comment

Could be error of omission, Sky. Could also be that by addressing the $$$ side first, he and RARA will then be better able to address the teams major issue in greater detail...namely, the size of the purse.

Who knows. At this stage he and RARA certainly deserve our support as they try to put the pains of recent years behind us as best as they can and move RARA into the next phase. I, for one, am very optimistic about the future and see this as a sign of good things to come.

Considering what we've survived, it seems nothing short of a miracle that they were even in a position to actually hire a CEO. And to that point, here's to Mike Major. Man stepped up when things seemed pretty dark and navigated some treacherous waters. Hats off to you, Mr. Major. Well done, sir, and thank you.
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

That is a fact. Mike Major has done an outstanding job to keep this event alive. Thanks Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                    Considering what we've survived, it seems nothing short of a miracle that they were even in a position to actually hire a CEO. And to that point, here's to Mike Major. Man stepped up when things seemed pretty dark and navigated some treacherous waters. Hats off to you, Mr. Major. Well done, sir, and thank you.
                    Hear Hear!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I didn't see a word mentioned on Crowell's resume that indicated any past involvement in anything to do with aviation. So he was obviously brought in to manage the money side of the event and the organization of it. Be interesting to see how that plays out. Reno's businesses still want the money the races bring in each year, if it weren't for that the event would probably gone away years ago. Just another one of many events throughout the year to bring in the crowds. It's a happy marriage, I sure enjoy staying in Reno during this class event more so than the Oshkosh area.
                      The fact that the Brietling timer isn't working on the air race site is kind of ominous.

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                      The RGJ has a bit longer article:
                      Mike Crowell, a former Coca-Cola executive, was hired as president and CEO of the National Championship Air Races.

"Crowell said his top priorities are meeting with sponsors, volunteers, vendors and others in preparation for this year’s races..."

Interesting that pilots/race teams aren't mentioned. Hopefully it was an omission by error. I'd think the race teams would be the first group he meets with.

Comment

Working...
                      X