Our Friend Gordon Bowman-Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Friend Gordon Bowman-Jones

For those who did not know, Gordon had an accident at home. He is still in the hospital and is recovering. Most can keep up with updates on Facebook. The page is titled " Gordon Bowman-Jones Support Page".

Re: Our Friend Gordon Bowman-Jones

From Christina,

Update Friday: Gordon is stable enough to have surgery for his Tracheotomy. He is scheduled for this procedure at 5 pm. He continues to show progress (baby steps) but still has a long road of healing ahead. Thank you for your continued love and support. Christina is doing well and continues to spoil the staff in ICU. Today they got cheesecake w/ strawberries. And when Christina said Gordon, he opened his eyes!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss View Post
      From Christina,

Update Friday: Gordon is stable enough to have surgery for his Tracheotomy. He is scheduled for this procedure at 5 pm. He continues to show progress (baby steps) but still has a long road of healing ahead. Thank you for your continued love and support. Christina is doing well and continues to spoil the staff in ICU. Today they got cheesecake w/ strawberries. And when Christina said Gordon, he opened his eyes!!!!!

According to Christina, this was delayed until today (Sat) because of power issues at Seyton Medical Center. The whole Bay Area was getting hammered.

Boss

Comment

According to Christina, this was delayed until today (Sat) because of power issues at Seyton Medical Center. The whole Bay Area was getting hammered.

Boss
        Update Saturday: Gordon is out of surgery and doing well. They removed the tube that went though his mouth and he will definitely be more comfortable. smile emoticon xo yippee!

Comment

Update Saturday: Gordon is out of surgery and doing well. They removed the tube that went though his mouth and he will definitely be more comfortable. smile emoticon xo yippee!
          Update Monday, Feb 9 : I wish I could tell you a bad Gordon joke right now just to entertain you. Not much to update. Gordon's still asleep. He must have a sense of what's going on because he reacts in several ways. Moving his arm, tensing his arm upon resistance, opening his eyes at times. Even moving his foot. It has been almost two weeks of sleeping. Time will heal and there are no predictions as to when he will wake up. Christina is swamped with family, calls, planning what she can. Please wait for the updates. She needs to start focusing on options for the future. Thanks so much! Xoxo

Comment

From a Friend there. (I am not)

Update Gordon Fans! He opened his eyes. Blinked and squeezed hands acknowledging Christina, Wiley, Kelly & more. It was clear he wanted to communicate even though he couldn't speak. They played charades and figured out what Gordon wanted to write. A great effort but his hands are too weak. He smiled and held Christina's hand as she was leaving. A very special day and it will always be remembered!

Comment

This is great news! It's hard to imagine GBJ in his current state! Over the years back when I was active on the airshow circuit, meeting with and working with Gordon provided many great memories! He is the consummate story teller!

I know some of you here didn't care for the way Gordon announced the races, although, I'd say he did a far better job than some of the current "offenders"... as a man, he has always been one of the most enjoyable characters I've ever known!

I'm very happy to hear he's getting better!

Get Well GBJ!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Gordon Bowman-Jones passed away this morning. The 'Voice of Aviation' is silent.

Boss

Comment

Prayers & thoughts to all relatives & friends. Blue Skies to Gordon Bowman-Jones.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Gordon Bowman-Jones passed away this morning. The 'Voice of Aviation' is silent.

Boss
                    Sad. Blue skies to Gordon and his family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

For those few not following on Facebook, The memorial is now scheduled for Tuesday April 28, 2015 at the Hiller Museum in San Carlos,CA. Many Airshow people are trying to get there in between their schedules.

Boss

Comment

Working...
                      X