New Server... Pretty Seamless??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Server... Pretty Seamless??

My brain is so worn out from taking care of all the little stuff that always seems to just stump you until you do something that you're not sure what it was but it works to solve it..

But... This board, being a database driven one, which means, it uses a lot more CPU power than just a standard page (like the front page of the site)

The new CPU is about 4 times (or more) faster than the old... it sure snaps that DB stuff out!

For sure, keep the eyes open tho.. there's always a missing image here or a missing page there, or *something* that will not work yet when moving a website that has grown to something like almost 700mb ....

I *know* the hall of fame forms are not working because I just couldn't bring myself to dig into the scripts to make that "pig" work.. It's an early form base thing and takes about 4 times as much work to plow through the forms to find what needs to be addressed differently with the new box.. (completely different layout internally) ** read that ** coded different, better I gusss but a PITA getting used to

Anyway, thanks for your patience, sorry about the chat room thing.. I'll stick it in again on this domain now that we're moved and see if it holds up any longer than that one did.. Not sure what brought it down... did not have time to even bother looking..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

....Ya did good Wayner!....get some sleep...

THANX!
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

Comment

Working...
    X