232 and Miss A. status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 232 and Miss A. status

Anyone know what the plans are for 232 and Miss A? I believe they have new owners.

Sorry in advance if it's already been posted and I missed this information..
    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Re: 232 and Miss A. status

Post to Reno Air Races Facebook page states that 232 was sold to a buyer in the midwest. No other info provided. Anyone heard any rumblings?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Adkins View Post
      Post to Reno Air Races Facebook page states that 232 was sold to a buyer in the midwest. No other info provided. Anyone heard any rumblings?
      I saw the same thing...2-3-2 was sold to a midwest buyer and Strega would be back this year with two new sponsors...nothing at all confirmed, of course.
      "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
      -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
        I saw the same thing...2-3-2 was sold to a midwest buyer and Strega would be back this year with two new sponsors...nothing at all confirmed, of course.
        I'm really curious to know who that buyer is (as we all are I'm sure), but that's actually my neck of the woods for once!

I wonder if it's Sawbones' owner?

Comment

Last I heard is that the deal on 232 had fallen through.

Comment

We need someone with deep pockets to buy both 232 and 15, and bring them both!

The question would be, go 4360 on 232 also?

- J

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
              We need someone with deep pockets to buy both 232 and 15, and bring them both!

The question would be, go 4360 on 232 also?

- J
              Nope keep 232 how she is and run Furias all out with the 4360

Run Miss Merced with a 3350 too and have a full Fury team!!

**Thought I would add that Wisconsin is considered midwest. That's where Merced and Furias are. Is it really possible for this guy to have all three?? That is if the deal went through. I thought i read that Rod wasn't going to sell it to someone unless they were going to race it? Like Mr. Buccarelli (sp.) when he sold PM to Thom..
              Last edited by GRNDP51; 01-26-2015, 02:19 PM. Reason: More info
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                Nope keep 232 how she is and run Furias all out with the 4360

Run Miss Merced with a 3350 too and have a full Fury team!!

**Thought I would add that Wisconsin is considered midwest. That's where Merced and Furias are. Is it really possible for this guy to have all three?? That is if the deal went through. I thought i read that Rod wasn't going to sell it to someone unless they were going to race it? Like Mr. Buccarelli (sp.) when he sold PM to Thom..
                I think Rod wants it gone no matter what the intention. As for the guy that owns Miss Merced and Furias, he could probably have all three and then some. That being said, when's the last time anyone has seen Miss Merced out and about?

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                  I think Rod wants it gone no matter what the intention.
                  Sure wish Mike Brown would buy her back!

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                    I think Rod wants it gone no matter what the intention. As for the guy that owns Miss Merced and Furias, he could probably have all three and then some. That being said, when's the last time anyone has seen Miss Merced out and about?
                    Miss Merced and Furias are located about 80 miles south of me.
                    August 2013 is the last time Miss Merced was out -just as a static display I should add.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It's ashame that Furias got damaged. I've never figured out why the pilot continued to try and retract the gear after the initial retraction indicated a problem, and then once the mains retracted go out and qualify instead of landing and investigate the gear problem and correct it. Sadly the decision speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                        It's ashame that Furias got damaged. I've never figured out why the pilot continued to try and retract the gear after the initial retraction indicated a problem, and then once the mains retracted go out and qualify instead of landing and investigate the gear problem and correct it. Sadly the decision speaks for itself.
                        I'm not positive, if he still checks this thread he could chime in, but I think once he got it locked in he imagined it was ok to qualify and did just that (as we all know Sea Furies are known for gear issues), and when he wanted to land it was the real issue that he couldn't have prevented. Wish she wasn't damaged too, she would probably be out there each year if that never happened. Who knows what the future holds for the Furies.
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                          Are you serious?

Matt, would you care to set the gentleman straight?
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Let me clarify my above statement.......I know it's easy to arm chair quarterback a situation. I was not in the cockpit, hence wasn't the one making the decisions........from that perspective, it might have been the correct thing to do........I don't know, I wasn't the one making the decisions.......my comments are only from observing from the stands........if the situation was reversed, I might have made the same decision and continued on and qualified.......would be interesting to hear from the pilot.........but in no way, am I belittling the pilot and if it appears that way, I do apologize.
                            Brian

Comment

I watched the Sanders build Furias. As soon as Matt was unable to retract the gear, Dennis Sanders said via the radio, what is the hydraulic pressure reading?

I wish the gear would have never hung up, the aircraft would have set a lot of records for a Sea Fury!

I left the airfield after Matt's landing. I have a picture of Brian Sanders looking at her after they brought her back from the runway, his body language says it all.........

Warbirds45

Comment

Working...
                              X