Gillespie Airport A-26 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillespie Airport A-26 ?

While visiting the restoration facility for the San Diego Air and Space Museum at Gillespie Airport, I noticed that the A-26 that was there last time I visited about 3 years ago was gone. As I remember it had a blue tail, and maybe some blue on the cowlings. Anyone know what happened to it? Thanks and Merry Christmas
    Brian

Re: Gillespie Airport A-26 ?

Apparently sold to someone in Santa Rosa, CA known as "Black Crow Aviation, LLC" and flown there in the summer of 2011.

T J

Comment

It's currently flying in it's Korea War paint scheme as "Sweet Eloise II".

Comment

Hello...I believe it is this A-26 at VineJet in Santa Rosa...Phil Gattuso and his organization have been restoring it for a couple years and it looks great.

Manufactured by Douglas Aircraft, Long Beach as A-26B-50. Construction Number 27592. Manufacture date: April 09, 1945. Come have a look.

Black Crow Aviation llc. 173 likes. Black Crow Aviation is owned and operated by Phil Gattuso and Steve Penning. We established BCA in 2011 with the intention of restoring and operating vintage aircraft.

Comment

Working...
        X