P85 First Flights Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P85 First Flights Video

First flight Dec 17! This could be a fun Sport Class racer.

The 400 cid liquid cooled V8 in the P85 is smooth and powerful.

Big Thanks to Tom and Kim McNerney in Sport #55 "Unleashed" for capturing and editing the video.

Jeff

Re: P85 First Flights Video

Wow, thats a hot looking plane. There are some nice design elements :-)

Any idea on the paint scheme??

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      Wow, thats a hot looking plane. There are some nice design elements :-)

Any idea on the paint scheme??

Thanks for sharing.

Have not decided on a paint design yet - this plane has a unique look and deserves a special paint job though!

Jeff

Comment

Awesome! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

That is sweet! Any plans for a retractable gear tailwheel version? Or will the wing structure not accommodate it?
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
            That is sweet! Any plans for a retractable gear tailwheel version? Or will the wing structure not accommodate it?
            If that is the same wing as the radial rocket, the wing structure will not accommodate retracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
              If that is the same wing as the radial rocket, the wing structure will not accommodate retracts.
              Uh.... Not true - The P85 wing structure can indeed accommodate retractable gear: tricycle retract configuration as with the Radial Rocket RG, or tailwheel retract configuration (which is currently being built in conjunction with our first tailwheel retract customer).

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Ackland View Post
                Uh.... Not true - The P85 wing structure can indeed accommodate retractable gear: tricycle retract configuration as with the Radial Rocket RG, or tailwheel retract configuration (which is currently being built in conjunction with our first tailwheel retract customer).

Jeff
                My apologies. I knew there was a tri- gear retract version but I thought I remembered reading that the gear location options would not allow for a taildragger with retracts configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                  My apologies. I knew there was a tri- gear retract version but I thought I remembered reading that the gear location options would not allow for a taildragger with retracts configuration.
                  No worries. We actually determined the feasibility and basic layout of the taildragger retract configuration 2-3 years ago. Lots of inquiries and interest since that time, and now we have the right launch customer and are proceeding. Should be a cool option.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X