Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sea Fury in the Valley of Speed video

Originally posted by Plane Nuts View Post
    British transports using Centaurus, Airspeed Ambassador, Blackburn Beverley, Vickers Warwick, along with other fighters, trainers, and seaplanes.
    They all have the typical British look. No where near as sexy as a Sea Fury!
    Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Plane Nuts View Post
      I asked Jim Mott about the 4 blade prop on Mischief many years ago at Reno and he said it was a transport Centaurus engine and prop.
      Where is that airframe now? I remember a photo of some parts in the Sanders' hanger labelled "Mottnought" in Sharpie about the time 232, Miss Merced, and maybe 911 were all being worked on there. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
        Where is that airframe now? I remember a photo of some parts in the Sanders' hanger labelled "Mottnought" in Sharpie about the time 232, Miss Merced, and maybe 911 were all being worked on there. :-)
        My memory isn't what it once was, but didn't Mott's Fury become Miss Merced (again)?

(edit) Ah, here's the history:

The Hawker Fury registry follows the history of all Furys and Sea Furys that survived military service.

Last I heard, Eric Woelbing still owns her; she's based at Kenosha. I believe Mr. Woelbing also purchased Furias after Matt Jackson's landing accident at Stead.
        Last edited by FlyKidChris; 12-11-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X