Deadline sighting device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadline sighting device

So I've been working with a friend at Polaris Industries Curtis Carruth on a deadline sighting device that's a simple trailer with a ten foot pole on it. It would have 3-4 go pro cameras that would look through the pole down the deadline. One aiming horizontal, one at 45 degrees, and the third aiming vertical. Here is the artist rendering and a map showing how it would work.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 11-17-2014, 05:14 PM.

Re: Deadline sighting device

Looks like a good idea.
    Brian

Comment

I can remember similar ideas being proposed for the course pylons to verify pylon cuts way back in the 1970's and RARA wasn't interested.
      Takes away their "prerogative" decisions.
      remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Good idea !
        Would think also placing one at the South extent of the deadline segment might be warranted.
        I do wonder if there is indeed a little offset as the deadline meets Lemon Dr. From the drawings
        I've seen, there appears to be one so as to maintain the 1134.01' measurement.

Bob
        Click image for larger version

Name:	East Show Line.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	227850Click image for larger version

Name:	RACE COURSE EAST SHOW LINE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	227851

Comment

Originally posted by lon moer View Post
          I can remember similar ideas being proposed for the course pylons to verify pylon cuts way back in the 1970's and RARA wasn't interested.
          Takes away their "prerogative" decisions.
          Well we all know this can be done for a lot less and in the 70's the event wasn't in such peril.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibia View Post
            Good idea !
            Would think also placing one at the South extent of the deadline segment might be warranted.
            I agree, a second pole would be a good idea, too. If they're on the same correct line and within sight of each other, they can be used to ensure alignment.

Comment

Working...
            X