Safe belly landing for Big Beautiful Doll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe belly landing for Big Beautiful Doll

Big Beautiful Doll, a gorgeous 1944 P-51D Mustang, had a landing gear malfunction over Mesa, Arizona yesterday. As a result, its owner Jeff Pino executed an amzingly textbook perfect gear-up belly landing. The Mustang's Merlin engine, prop and underside will cost some serious dough to have repaired, but she and her…

Re: Safe belly landing for Big Beautiful Doll

Didn't think there was more than one BBD, thought the only one was the one that crashed at Duxford. Nice to see her put down safely
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Talk about a greaser!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
        Talk about a greaser!
        Just read some of the comments, guess it's a 2/3 scale reproduction. If it is in fact Merlin powered that's a pretty cool set-up!
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          Just read some of the comments, guess it's a 2/3 scale reproduction. If it is in fact Merlin powered that's a pretty cool set-up!
          According to Mustang Mustangs website Jeff Pino is listed as the owner of P-51D 44-63634 N351BD "Big Beautiful Doll" in Arizona...Does that match the bellied airplane?

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
            From reading some comments on FB and elsewhere I think some folks are confusing the Thunder Mustang incident with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post
              According to Mustang Mustangs website Jeff Pino is listed as the owner of P-51D 44-63634 N351BD "Big Beautiful Doll" in Arizona...Does that match the bellied airplane?
              Yes it matches.

It surprises me that more people know of the European based BBD than the US based one?
              Maybe it's just because I always see it here in Oshkosh every summer...

Comment

I liked the "Tower, this will be a full stop"
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                  Yes it matches.

It surprises me that more people know of the European based BBD than the US based one?
                  Maybe it's just because I always see it here in Oshkosh every summer...
                  True, from happier times at Osh 2013...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X