Airplane Repo TV ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airplane Repo TV ??

I'm happy to see anybody within aviation that has managed to pull outside interest into our world. Hopefully they will go forward with a Reno bid and that will get broadcast also. They seem to be real nice folks trying to make a living just like the rest of us. I hope they get as big as those guys who make duck callers (duck callers...really?!?!?!?) and everybody is talking about aviation as a result.

Comment

......So......to follow up on a couple of thoughts. I just got back from the "Airplane Repo" public get together to watch the final episode of the season. A few of the other PM crew were at the event. I got to chat for few minutes with Mike, whose arm is still in a cast and is looking pretty good considering what he went through.

I took the chance to ask him why they sneak around if they have paperwork saying they can take the plane. To try and repeat his answer without a lot of the technical details: It cuts way down on paperwork if they don't get confronted by the owners. The owner has legal claim to it, the bank has their claim to it- but the repo guys are sort of caught in the middle if the owner shows up and says "No" to them taking the plane.He said in the end, they still end up with the plane, but it takes a lot more legal hassle to do so.

He also expressed great interest in the Reno air races, has loved racing of all sorts his whole life and is interested in jumping in. He admitted to getting the show there in hopes of spreading the word about the races themselves.

He is a hell of a nice guy and I look forward to him getting more involved!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
        He is a hell of a nice guy and I look forward to him getting more involved!
        Exactly, thank you LOP...
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

These things on my screen are fake? I'm so let down I guess I better stop waiting on a dirt road for the guy in the red Corvette to recruit me to fly for his air racing team...but wouldn't be nice if about a millon more kids had that dream stuck in their heads for awhile?

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
            These things on my screen are fake? I'm so let down I guess I better stop waiting on a dirt road for the guy in the red Corvette to recruit me to fly for his air racing team...but wouldn't be nice if about a millon more kids had that dream stuck in their heads for awhile?
            Is that a TOR reference? haven't watched it in awhile, forget how the plot goes LOL.
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
              Is that a TOR reference? haven't watched it in awhile, forget how the plot goes LOL.
              Plot?!? Thunder Over Reno was a documetary. I know it was. I learned a lot from it, and now I won't fly without my lucky pliers... Except on airlines, because the TSA would take them.

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
                Plot?!? Thunder Over Reno was a documetary. I know it was. I learned a lot from it, and now I won't fly without my lucky pliers... Except on airlines, because the TSA would take them.
                All one has to do is don their Bandi Crops t-shirt and the rest just falls into place.

Comment

I like the show, but I've always wondered if they weren't reenactments of the experiences repoing aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                  X