Airplane Repo TV ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane Repo TV ??

First time watching.........is this for real??

Brian

Re: Airplane Repo TV ??

I love that show! Real or not, it has some nice planes and is fun to watch. The cast were at the races last year.
    Last edited by deepsky; 10-09-2014, 10:15 PM.
    Tony

Comment

Mike Kennedy and Kevin Lacey were both hanging out in the PM pit this year. Speaking of Kevin Lacey, is he related to Clay Lacey?

The show has quite a few shots from Stead. Clearly some of the stuff is staged. The episode where they plucked the L39 was done at Stead, and the plane is for sale there as well.

Will

Comment

Airplane Repo is to aircraft repossessing is the equivalent of...........
        Reno Air racing to Red Bull Air Racing,
        And yes it is all fake

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
          First time watching.........is this for real??

Brian
          I'm calling total BS. People who reposes million dollar airplanes have court orders in their pockets and pilots don't have to sneak onto airports in the middle of the night. There is some sort of contrived "emergency" on every flight. Stop watching, you're lowering the national IQ. This kind of crap displaces real programing like maybe air racing.
          Bill Garnett
          InterstellarDust
          Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

It's television show. It's either scripted as bull**** from the beginning or edited until it is bull****. Like all things on the boob tube it is for entertainment and advertisement only.

Do not confuse anything you see on this medium with reality no matter how often you hear the phrase 'reality TV.'

Comment

I like watching the show for the airplanes, but the actual writing drives me crazy.
              remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by hg2992 View Post
                Airplane Repo is to aircraft repossessing is the equivalent of...........
                Reno Air racing to Red Bull Air Racing,
                And yes it is all fake
                Well Said.

Did anyone see the one with the J-3 Cub?

They pull it out of the hanger, fuel tank is empty, next scene they're flying, fuel tank is full. Not long into the flight they have to make an "Emergency Landing" because they're "out of gas" with what looks like 1/2 to 3/4 in the tank.

I changed channels and wont be back.

Comment

I saw on FB that Mike Kennedy wadded up a crotch rocket at a track and suffered serious injuries, haven't seen an update for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                    I saw on FB that Mike Kennedy wadded up a crotch rocket at a track and suffered serious injuries, haven't seen an update for a while.
                    saw an update the other day that he is out of the hospital.

I saw the show the other night where kennedy was "repoing" an aircraft in the bahamas, he was driving around some town say how bad some of these neighborhoods are. problem was he stopped at a stop sign and a street sign clearly stated patronia st. forward to the airport, I know that hanger,and that otter on floats over there, the whole thing was shot in key west.

its all fake, but i still watch it.
                    bob burns
                    ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
                    "dont mess with texas"

Comment

The best thing about the show is it's getting people interested in general aviation.. especially kids! I've talked with Keven a couple times about the phone calls he gets since the show started. A lot of them are kids who want to do what Kevin and Mike do...

Yes, many/all of it is staged. If you look at it with that caveat in mind, it's still a show with a lot of eye candy and airplanes... not a bad thing at all in my humble opinion....
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        The best thing about the show is it's getting people interested in general aviation.. especially kids! I've talked with Keven a couple times about the phone calls he gets since the show started. A lot of them are kids who want to do what Kevin and Mike do...

Yes, many/all of it is staged. If you look at it with that caveat in mind, it's still a show with a lot of eye candy and airplanes... not a bad thing at all in my humble opinion....

Even knowing it's staged it's still funny to watch. If you notice, the pilot shown repoing the L-39 is the owner of said L-39. Last weeks show "featured" a multi championship IF1 crew chief in a few scenes as well. The show is one of the few, if not the only, shows promoting GA. Both Kevin and Mike are great guys that support the races. Look for both of them to attend PRS next year. Mike in a T-6 and Kevin in sport class. Heather might end up in sport class as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                          Even knowing it's staged it's still funny to watch. If you notice, the pilot shown repoing the L-39 is the owner of said L-39. Last weeks show "featured" a multi championship IF1 crew chief in a few scenes as well. The show is one of the few, if not the only, shows promoting GA. Both Kevin and Mike are great guys that support the races. Look for both of them to attend PRS next year. Mike in a T-6 and Kevin in sport class. Heather might end up in sport class as well.
                          It's also a door for the networks to look through at our sport. Watch for good things to come from the relationship with Kevin and Mike and Air Racing!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I read through this thread and feel the need to chime in on a couple things.

First, I am not sure where this repeated "us vs. them" pissing contest comes from for Reno v Red Bull. Two different forms of air racing, we should be able to appreciate both. I get it that one came along much later yet has enjoyed much greater success due to cubic dollars from an energy drink mfr, and that energy drinks are the cool thing to bash right now (like Wal-Mart with regard to big box stores), but can't we just appreciate both as outstanding forms of aviation prowess? I love Reno and wouldn't trade hearing/seeing/talking about the air races for anything, but I can still appreciate the Red Bull stuff as requiring a ton of talent and guts as well.

Second, sure the repo stuff is staged. Get over it. Almost everything on TV (including the "news") is sensationalized, staged, and/or serving to push an agenda. Get over it and enjoy the aircraft or turn the damn thing off (your choice). As Wayne said, it seems like anything that reaches mainstream with some positive aircraft exposure would be a good thing, with GA sucking wind and Reno nearly on life support. Plus if Kevin and Mike jump into air racing, it could be a good cross-promotion that kickstarts the air races. I spent a good amount of time talking to Kevin at the 2013 races and he seemed like a personable, down-to-earth guy with a great sense of humor and a love of aviation. Sounds like a great spokesman to me.

Finally, while I agree that the covert ops style is somewhat unlikely, I have a bit of knowledge of the repo game in WA. Admittedly it is with cars, but I am guessing the laws are similar. Right now, in WA, it is my understanding that regardless of paperwork, if a repo guy/gal is confronted by the owner and a disturbance resulting in police being called ensues, the repo agent has to leave the vehicle. This would tend to indicate that some degree of sneaking in would be warranted, at least in WA.

Comment

Since it's all fake, may as well repo Strega?? Have Tiger fly it for the show..,
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X