THUNDER MUSTANG CRASH TODAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THUNDER MUSTANG CRASH TODAY

WE LOST ONE OF OUR DEAR FRIENDS IN A THUNDER MUSTANG CRASH THAT TOOK HIS LIFE EARLIER TODAY ~ A REGULAR AT RENO AND WILL BE DEARLY MISSED ~ IT JUST HAPPENED A COUPLE OF HOURS AGO. I WILL POST MORE DETAILS AFTER I KNOW THAT THE FAMILY HAS BEEN NOTIFIED ~ I WOULD HATE FOR THEM TO LEARN OF IT HERE ON THE INTERNET.

MORE INFO WHEN I CAN ~

cloudchaser427

Re: THUNDER MUSTANG CRASH TODAY

Well Damn.

Comment

Yeah, I am really crushed by this. Such a great, amazing, delightful man.
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Where ????

Comment

I have word it is NOT John Parker. I just wanted to post that because I suspect that is what we are all thinking. It has been a hard year..
          Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
            I have word it is NOT John Parker. I just wanted to post that because I suspect that is what we are all thinking. It has been a hard year..
            For sure, we need to know who just as soon as the family is notified..

My brain is spinning... WHO???

"funny" at dinner tonight, I was running through the list of friends that I'll get to see when I pass over to the other side... it was really quite a long list!

Anyway, I'm very sorry for the survivors! Please let us know when it's appropriate to do so.
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              My brain is spinning... WHO???
              That I do not know.
              Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Do we have one out of Idaho?
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

It was the Thunder Mustang called "Live Bait".

Comment

Since the family now has been informed I can release more info ~ the Pilot was Tom Gaston and his Thunder Mustang was named Live Bait after a famous WWII war ace ~ they had just finished some fairly extensive work on the airplane and he was on his first test flight after the repairs ~ ground tests were perfect, take off and down wind departure were normal. Said something about oil pressure issues and never made it back to his base airport in Idaho ~ No info on the cause yet and I don't want to speculate. Very experienced capable military pilot. too many pieces missing to this puzzle to know what really happened yet. FAA and NTSB have been on the site yesterday and today ~ aircraft recovery today and will be sent out for analysis. I will post more info as I learn more. Sad day for all of us that knew and loved Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X