Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger, Bill Destefani interview compilation from 2014 races. Post them here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger, Bill Destefani interview compilation from 2014 races. Post them here.

Looking for interviews from Tiger of the 2014 Saturday Gold Reno Air Races. If you see anything that is interesting, post the links here.

Thankyou
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 05-26-2015, 08:00 PM.

Re: Tiger, Bill Destefani interview compilation from 2014 races. Post them here.

I still want to read Tigers view of the 2014 Saturday Gold Unlimited Race where he was chasing Steve in Voodoo and then dove for the finish line at the last moment and almost passed him at the last second. Does anyone have any links to this story?
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 05-26-2015, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Re: Tiger, Bill Destefani interview compilation from 2014 races. Post them here.

Here is the finish at 6:45 on the LiveAirShowTV youtube channel and they show the finish numerous times in slow motion.
      Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 05-26-2015, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Did Tiger blow up/damage the motor in the last lap so even if he did win, there was no chance he could have raced on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
          I still want to read Tigers view of the 2014 Saturday Gold Unlimited Race where he was chasing Steve in Voodoo and then dove for the finish line at the last moment and almost passed him at the last second. Does anyone have any links to this story?
          Frank Ronco of NAG did a really good article on this... We've achieved permission to reproduce here... I'm only waiting on one minor detail and We can reprint it..!!

It's quite a good gig, can't wait to get it all up here!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
            Did Tiger blow up/damage the motor in the last lap so even if he did win, there was no chance he could have raced on Sunday?
            If you do a bit of searching, there is much on this topic that you can cover. In the end, though, you can only rely on your personal experiences and what a given pilot is telling you..

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oh lordie I hope I can go another year with those people who call the races, while they search for words. Sam Wright where are you. They need some help at Reno.
              Last edited by fastpace; 05-26-2015, 11:06 PM. Reason: add on

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                In the end, though, you can only rely on your personal experiences and what a given pilot is telling you..
                Well, according to my calculations..... given camera angle, density altitude, wind speed and direction, as well as applying the standard acceleration quotient given all the G forces, drag, and slip-stream effect.... it's pretty darn apparent that it was TIGER who won
                Attached Files
                Mark K....

Comment

I tip the glass with you on that oneI never did the S Media stuff but I got to say next to RC flying and the airport this is a supper place to hang out in. Lots of great people

Comment

Tiger did a nice write-up in the Air Classics coverage.

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
                      Tiger did a nice write-up in the Air Classics coverage.

Jarrod
                      What is this "Air Classics" you speak of? It sounds so foreign to me.....

Comment

Comment

Hey Wayne you still got that copy of the unofficial results with Tiger as winner??

$$

Comment

Originally posted by bikenutty View Post
                            Hey Wayne you still got that copy of the unofficial results with Tiger as winner??

$$
                            Damn, I don't know if I ever had a paper copy bud??? I'm pretty sure I still have the text that you sent me... Those two moments when I got to show the results to those two guys, and also let the folks in the stands know the "unofficial" results, Man oh man.. talk about a come through for you guy! Curtis that's you! If I never do another interview in my life, I can always look back to after the race on Saturday!

Quick answer though, I super doubt that I have a paper copy... they actually don't let me play with paper anymore.. first knives, then paper... who knew you could cut yourself with paper!

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                              Damn, I don't know if I ever had a paper copy bud??? I'm pretty sure I still have the text that you sent me... Those two moments when I got to show the results to those two guys, and also let the folks in the stands know the "unofficial" results, Man oh man.. talk about a come through for you guy! Curtis that's you! If I never do another interview in my life, I can always look back to after the race on Saturday!

Quick answer though, I super doubt that I have a paper copy... they actually don't let me play with paper anymore.. first knives, then paper... who knew you could cut yourself with paper!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept 13 2014.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	227924 Credit: bikenutty - this a copy of the text message sent from bikenutty to Wayne right after Saturday's race.
                              Last edited by boomtown; 06-07-2015, 08:56 AM. Reason: image credit
                              "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Working...
                              X