X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The future of voodoo and the team

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
    "Take that, NASCAR"
    Arrgghhhh....the stupidest thing I heard (repeatedly) all week long....

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
      3km is currently held by Will Whiteside and Steadfast.
      Will also holds four Time to Climb records (3km and 6km in two weight classes). He held the Ultimate record of 123s for 3km TtoC, but this was broken by Lee Behel this past spring for. 3km TtoC at 120s. Still long way from Lyle's retired record of 91s.

Comment

OK 2 straight wins--I'm a big Voodoo fan and have been waiting a LONG time to see this happen for Bob. All things aside from what was previously mentioned, consider HOW LONG it took to get to where they are & how much $$$,$$$ was spent to do this. You don't break even. Bob & the team would have to win for the next 15 years to get half of it back. They do it for the LOVE & Passion of racing a highly modified aircraft faster than anyone else can. If there was money in it, ESPN would cover it & NASCAR would be dead.

Comment

Wasn't the winner's share about $175K a few years ago? Has that changed? Are the payouts MI6 secret stuff now?

Comment

or rather embarrassingly small, so it isn't published...
            Todd Smith

Comment

Hopefully RARA can scrape up a few bucks to engrave the trophy for VooDoo's 2013 and 2014 wins??

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                Don't drink the Kool Aid.

and I thought it was funny,
                'cept the punch line was too long.....
                Mayday51
                Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3 View Post
                  Wasn't the winner's share about $175K a few years ago? Has that changed? Are the payouts MI6 secret stuff now?
                  IMFMC, purse for winner was something like 1.5k...

Hardly enough to fund a full on effort, let alone, win it!

Screw the rulebooks! Tiger won this one for the books!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Not to veer back off topic, but what does it mean to say Shelton's records are "retired?" Are they no longer considered valid for some reason?
                    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post
                      Not to veer back off topic, but what does it mean to say Shelton's records are "retired?" Are they no longer considered valid for some reason?
                      And what's point of retiring a record? Never could figure that one out? I thought a record is just that, and it stands until someone else breaks it...

Comment

they figured, why bother after someone stuck a fork in dago red... mustangs don't carry enough fluids to break it anyway! ;-)
                        Todd Smith

Comment

I agree Wayne!
                          Screw the rulebooks! Tiger won this one for the books!
                          I am a relative newcomer to actually attending Reno. This was my 5th year (consecutive).
                          Nothing I have seen there to date comes even close to what we were priviledged to see in Saturday's Unlimited Gold race!
                          IMHO Strega is by far the fastest Mustang flying at present and Tiger is the King!

Regardless of the rules Tiger ran a flawless race and timed that pass to perfection!

I hope to attend many more but if for some reason I can't, I'm ok with that!
                          I was at Reno for, and I'll quote Tiger: "The Race of the Century!"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                            And what's point of retiring a record? Never could figure that one out? I thought a record is just that, and it stands until someone else breaks it...
                            FAI changed the classifications of the record so the record is "retired".

C-1e Altitude - 1 : internal combustion engine 12 975 m 2013-05-22 Douglas G. Matthews (USA) ratified - current record
                            Stock P-51

C-1e Altitude in horizontal flight - 1 : internal combustion engine 12 697 m 2013-05-22 Douglas G. Matthews (USA) ratified - current record
                            Stock P-51

Time to climb to a height of 12 000 m - 1 : internal combustion engine 28 min 39 sec 2013-05-22 Douglas G. Matthews (USA) ratified - current record
                            Stock P-51

Speed over a 15 km course - 1 : internal combustion engine 608.47 km/h 2012-04-23 Will Whiteside Jr (USA) ratified - current record
                            R-2000 Yak3

Speed over a 3 km course - 1 : internal combustion engine 511.79 km/h 2012-04-23 Will Whiteside Jr (USA) ratified - current record
                            R-2000 Yak3

Time to climb to a height of 3 000 m - 1 : internal combustion engine 2 min 30 sec 2012-02-27 Will Whiteside Jr (USA) ratified - current record
                            R-2000 Yak3

Time to climb to a height of 6 000 m - 1 : internal combustion engine 5 min 48 sec 2012-02-27 Will Whiteside Jr (USA) ratified - current record
                            R-2000 Yak3
                            Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 10-03-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderstangfan View Post
                              they figured, why bother after someone stuck a fork in dago red... mustangs don't carry enough fluids to break it anyway! ;-)
                              What do you mean by "fluids?"

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                                What do you mean by "fluids?"
                                Fuel, ADI, spraybar water.

Comment

Working...
                                X