Help posting pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help posting pictures?

Sorry, but I'm having trouble posting pics. Seems like I use to click on the icon and it would take me to my files and I'd click on the pic and open it and it would post. Now I click on the paper clip icon and I get a "file upload manager"? I have no idea what this is about. Can someone help me, or am I beyond help?
    Thanks
    Brian
    SKIP DOWN, I NEED HELP !!!
    Wait, never mind, I think maybe I figured it out............it just posted a test picture I selected.
    I guess I am beyond help. . Sorry

I guess this was a fluke, I tried again, and I can't get them to upload......I keep getting a little box that says AAFO error.
    HELP
    Attached Files
    Last edited by supercub; 09-30-2014, 08:32 AM.

Re: Help posting pictures?

Ok, assuming you have your pics uploaded elsewhere, this is how I do it.
    1. From the pic host site I right click and select "Copy image URL"
    2. Come back to this page and click "Insert Image" icon above.
    3.When the dialog box opens I select the "from URL" tab
    4. Paste image URL into the space.
    5. Deselect "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and hit enter.

That should upload the image just as I have done here. The trick seems to be step 5, if you don't do that it freaks out.

Will

Comment

I think it's hopeless LOL. When I get to the step "When the dialog box opens I select the "from URL" tab"
      I can't find "from URL" tab" anywhere? Also when I try to upload pics to the window that opens up after clicking on the AAFO Icon paper clip..........it says file is to big.........and I'm only trying to upload one pic. Sure use to be easier posting pics on here.
      Thanks
      Brian

Comment

Do you happen to be using a mac? If so there might be something different but I doubt it. Ok, when you click the icon above to insert image, you see something like this (I hope this works...)

Insert Image X
        From Computer From URL
        Add an Image from your computer
        Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        File Size

The "From Computer" will be in light grey and the "From URL" will be in white. If you click the white "From URL" it turns grey and opens a dialog box that reads this.
        Add an Image from Url
        Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        URL
        "................paste your URL address here............."
        Retrieve remote file and reference locally

The .... paste your URL address here... was added by me. That is the dialog box. Once you have the image url in the dialog box un check the box that reads "retrieve remote file and reference locally" then hit the "OK" button. It should load.

You can't upload files directly from your computer in full size, that is why you must upload them elsewhere like flickr or facebook, then enter the image URL in the box.

By the way I did a direct cut and paste on those items in blue.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
          I think it's hopeless LOL. When I get to the step "When the dialog box opens I select the "from URL" tab"
          I can't find "from URL" tab" anywhere? Also when I try to upload pics to the window that opens up after clicking on the AAFO Icon paper clip..........it says file is to big.........and I'm only trying to upload one pic. Sure use to be easier posting pics on here.
          Thanks
          Brian
          Hey Brian, back a ways when the board software updated, it made the upload manager a bit tougher to understand...

As I see it, IE 10, I scroll down a bit on a message pane, then "manage attachments"

Then on same page, upper right quadrant, a green button with a + sign "add files"

Click that and it brings up a dialog box which has the option to "select files"

Crap, I pushed publish before I was ready but, unless the file is too large (working on that bikenutty) it should just upload from the search your hard drive box from there..
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I keep getting "File to big"......and I'm only trying to upload 1 pic.............I've tried different pics and it does the same thing...............oh well, tomorrow is another day LOL..........I'll try again then.
            Thanks
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
              I keep getting "File to big"......and I'm only trying to upload 1 pic.............I've tried different pics and it does the same thing...............oh well, tomorrow is another day LOL..........I'll try again then.
              Thanks
              Brian
              Sounds like you are trying to upload directly from your hard drive. I bet you need to resize the image before you can do a direct upload. That is why I upload everything to flickr, I can then link full sized pics from there.

Will

Comment

I'll check into Flicker. Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it.
                Brian

Comment

Rad2Ltr,

I appreciate your patience in trying to explain this to us. I am running a Macbook and tried linking my Flickr photos via the URL method you mentioned, to no avail. I'm thinking I am missing something, or trying to link from the wrong area of Flickr. All I get is a small blue box with a "?" in it.

Sam
                  Biplane Race #3

Comment

Sorry to say, I've given up.......to bad, because you wouldn't believe the absolutely, stunning, gorgeous, incredible pics I have to post
                    Brian

Maybe I need to get the film developed before I try posting

Comment

test

Biplane Race #3

Comment

test #2

Biplane Race #3

Comment

You are close, you can view the second pic if you click and open it in a new tab. [IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3928/15218695380_91ccb40067_b.jpg[/IMG ]

You have it right if your image post looks like the above, except that the [/IMG ] should look like [/IMG] (I had to put the space after the "G" in order for the image to not work. )

More often than not, after you have inserted an image something has happened with either the" [IMG] " and the " [/IMG]" usually its something odd like an erased [ or ] somewhere. A quick way to check and see if it worked is by using the "Preview Post" button next to the Submit Reply button. If you see the pic, it worked, if not, there is something off with the coding, likely a missing bracket somewhere.

Will

Comment

test 3

Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
                              test 3

Ok, I see what you are doing. The issue isn't on here, its where you are pulling the image file from. I'm guessing you are simply copying the address from the bar at the top of the screen in Flickr. This doesn't work. You have to click on the "download photo" icon on flickr (lower right hand corner) and then select "view all sizes" When the picture opens, from there right click the image and select "copy image URL" and then paste it into the image box here.

You have the process correct on here, you are just using the wrong URL for the image. You are using the page url rather than the image url.

Here is the difference.
                              [IMG]https://www.flickr.com/photos/127505125@N02/15218695380/in/photostream[/ IMG] (I had to add the space)
                              Vs
                              [IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3928/15218695380_91ccb40067_b.jpg[/ IMG] (again space added so you can see the coding. )

This is the lousy thing about using flickr, you have to take a couple extra steps to get the actual image. Still, the image quality is better than using facebook for instance. There you simply right click and copy URL, but the image quality sucks.

Will

Comment

Working...
                              X