Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If Rare Bear can do 528...

Originally posted by grampi View Post
    True, but look at how Mustangs have dominated over the last 15-20 years...that tells me the Mustang guys have gotten better at finding ways to make their planes faster than the RB guys have...
    It is all cyclical, and a lot of luck.

That being said I do not see the current RB program beating a healthy mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
      It is all cyclical, and a lot of luck.

That being said I do not see the current RB program beating a healthy mustang.
      Me either...

Comment

I don't know why people think I'm a V-12 fanboy, and that I hate the roundies, that simply isn't the case. What I am into are facts and the fact is planes like Dago Red, and Strega for certain, and now probably Voodoo as well, are (or were, in the case of Dago) considerably faster than RB ever was...that doesn't make me a V-12 fanboy, I'm simply stating facts...whether you like them or not is not my problem...

I was just courious as to when any of these Mustangs spanked Rare Bear's record of 528 MPH? Since they are so much faster, and all...

Comment

True, but look at how Mustangs have dominated over the last 15-20 years...that tells me the Mustang guys have gotten better at finding ways to make their planes faster than the RB guys have...

It just might have a lot more to do with the choice of stick monkey than some people want to admit to...
          Last edited by toldjaso; 10-03-2014, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
            I was just courious as to when any of these Mustangs spanked Rare Bear's record of 528 MPH? Since they are so much faster, and all...
            Just because they haven't officially broken the record doesn't mean they aren't faster...you aren't going to do something silly like saying they aren't faster, are you?

Comment

Just because they haven't officially broken the record doesn't mean they aren't faster...you aren't going to do something silly like saying they aren't faster, are you?
              until someone in a mustang goes out and sets a speed higher than 528mph then that's exactly right...they are NOT faster!
              talk is cheap!
              Todd Smith

Comment

you should do a little research into what it takes to set that record as high as Lyle did... maybe then you would have a little more respect for what you think is so trivial...
                Todd Smith

Comment

Let me put it in redneck terms, maybe more comprende.
                  So, who watches NASCAR?
                  If we took Jeff Gordon or Jimmy Johnson's car and gave it to you, you would be guaranteed to win the next race with it, correct? Since it is all about the faster machine.
                  No skill has to be attributed to the team, or the monkey in the seat moving the controls, does it?
                  Hell, anybody could win with the right equipment and big bucks to fund it with. Right???

Comment

Originally posted by thunderstangfan View Post
                    until someone in a mustang goes out and sets a speed higher than 528mph then that's exactly right...they are NOT faster!
                    talk is cheap!

And I believe you have to beat it by 1% to change it, which would be 5+MPH faster than the 528.

Comment

So, who watches NASCAR?
                      If we took Jeff Gordon or Jimmy Johnson's car and gave it to you, you would be guaranteed to win the next race with it, correct? Since it is all about the faster machine.
                      No skill has to be attributed to the team, or the monkey in the seat moving the controls, does it?
                      Hell, anybody could win with the right equipment and big bucks to fund it with. Right???

"Take that, NASCAR"

Comment

talk is cheap!
                        That's right, put blinders on...if you don't see it, or you ignore it, then it can't be so, right?

Comment

you should do a little research into what it takes to set that record as high as Lyle did... maybe then you would have a little more respect for what you think is so trivial...
                          Why does somebody always go here? What makes you think I think the record is trivial? And I know what it took to set that record...I also know there are faster planes today that could fairly easily break the record...that's not a knock on what Lyle did, it's simply an indication of the strides that have been made in making these planes faster over the last 25 years...

Comment

So, who watches NASCAR?
                            So are you saying pilots like Stevo or Tiger don't have the skills required to break the record?
                            Last edited by grampi; 10-04-2014, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I also know there are faster planes today that could fairly easily break the record...that's not a knock on what Lyle did, it's simply an indication of the strides that have been made in making these planes faster over the last 25 years...

It might be true that there are faster planes today. But it might AT THE SAME TIME be impossible for them to break that particular record. That record is a tough nut to crack, because it isn't about winding up to a blinding top speed and zooming through the timed section. Its about a whole sequence of events, including turns and accelerating back onto the timing corridor, maintaining a tight corridor, and carrying enough consumables to do the whole thing. Its been said many times that Lyle ran out of nitrous during the attempt, so even the Bearcat had trouble carrying enough consumables for the entire process.

Comment

Comparing the 528 3k record to who is the fastest Reno racer is like comparing apples to hand grenades. The fastest Reno racer is decided each year on Sunday. The fastest airplane this year is the plane to beat next year and may not be the fastest airplane on Sunday the next time around. Reno has it's own records in it's own right and that also has nothing to do with the 3k or time to climb records held by Rare Bear. Dago Red reached an all-time speed record of 507.105 mph in qualifying so as far as I'm concerned that is the bench make to beat AT RENO. The benchmark to beat for the C1e is held by Steadfast. If someone did the C1e record at 540 mph well we all know that it still beats the old benchmark Lyle set. You would have an all new record of your own but could still in the back of your head know you beat Lyle. I'm sure Lyle would be honored god rest his soul that somebody had the balls to kick him off the box. Then you would have to name your next pooch Lyle. Eh Fritz?!
                                Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 10-04-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X