No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 232

232 has the most untapped potential in the unlimited class. Someone could pick up a hell of a deal right now...

Comment

Originally posted by cragdweller View Post
      232 has the most untapped potential in the unlimited class.
      No, not even close, that would be #38.

Comment

232 is capable (with a solid engine and program) of A: whooping on Rare Bear, and B: burning the Mustangs to the ground.

Result would be a 1st place finish

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
          Dave Cornell? Who is he??
          Is he that guy in Canada that built a Defender or something?

Wow.. that was the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time. My goodness...

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
            Dave Cornell? Who is he??
            Is he that guy in Canada that built a Defender or something?
            Yeah, that's close, he's approach and results of what a race plane should be is about as far away as Canada is from Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
              232 is capable (with a solid engine and program) of A: whooping on Rare Bear, and B: burning the Mustangs to the ground.

Result would be a 1st place finish
              Yeah, it's already put a few whoopins on the Bear, Mustangs only have a limited amount of heart beats, with the right motor and program there's no doubt if the Mustangs ran all out for 3 races it would burn them to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                Yeah, it's already put a few whoopins on the Bear, Mustangs only have a limited amount of heart beats, with the right motor and program there's no doubt if the Mustangs ran all out for 3 races it would burn them to the ground.
                It really isn't an issue for Mustangs when they are showing up with two or three engines to complete the races. All it takes is cubic dollars to have enough engines to last through the heats and final. That's the Merlins, the Griffon has 39.5% more displacement and HP from the factory than a Merlin anyway. Larger bearings in every area...and only 11% more frontal area than a Merlin. Much as I may like radials, once the Griffon gets sorted out for real, it will be the one to beat.....

.....all I hope is that if 232 does get sold, it remains in its race configuration. I hate seeing racers go back to stock.

Comment

No, not even close, that would be #38.
                  Dave sure seemed to think so.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post

.....all I hope is that if 232 does get sold, it remains in its race configuration. I hate seeing racers go back to stock.
                    Mustangs are converted back to stock from racers because the value goes up significantly.

I don't believe (and I may be mistaken) that the value is there yet for the Sea Furies. The only thing I could envision a non racing buyer would do to the A/C is return to a non boiloff oil cooler.

Comment

Maybe 232 with a corncob (R-4360).

Comment

Originally posted by Donald McMullin View Post
                        Maybe 232 with a corncob (R-4360).
                        Would be Furias then.

I believe that with the right 3350 and a true program that 232 is capable of running high 480's/low 490's consistently.

Comment

Mustangs are converted back to stock from racers because the value goes up significantly.

I don't believe (and I may be mistaken) that the value is there yet for the Sea Furies. The only thing I could envision a non racing buyer would do to the A/C is return to a non boiloff oil cooler.
                          I can definitely see that. When Howard Pardue's Sea Fury was for sale, it was listed for under $1 million...while stock Mustangs sell for $2+ million. Given, N13HP wasn't completely stock, but quite close.
                          "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                          -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

That would depend on the Sea Fury, Critical Mass is worth substantially more now that when it was a racer, but then it's because it's back how it started life, a two place.

Comment

Are stock sea furies or stock mustangs harder to fly? I hear the Mustang Is a nightmare to fly unless you become very good with it. I can say that I would probably prefer a Sea Fury for racing and probably a Mustang for general weekend usage. Not sure why though just seems right
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

That would depend on the Sea Fury, Critical Mass is worth substantially more now that when it was a racer, but then it's because it's back how it started life, a two place.
                                Forgot to mention that being owned by Mr. Dwelle makes it kick ass no matter what................

Comment

Working...
                                X