• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank-you Jim Tobul

LOVED LOVED LOVED
    Having the big beast at Reno.

- Joseph

Re: Thank-you Jim Tobul

It was a pleasure to see Jim Tobul's corsair. Jim was always available and what a nice person he is indeed.

Hope he enjoyed Reno, we surely enjoyed having him here.

Comment

What an incredible effort by many individuals to get this plane repaired to be ready for Reno. Thanks to everyone involved in this effort.

Comment

I also enjoyed the beautiful Corsair cruising around the pylons.

Florian
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Florian View Post

Florian
          Very nice pictures.
          Thank you for posting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Florian View Post

Florian
            nice shots there young man.

Comment

Thanks Jim and Shelly Tobul! Beautiful bird!

Respectfully,
              Frank and Kathi Caruso
              Lodi,CA

Comment

I wish I could have gotten a few of the Corsair from the hillside on Saturday. I was super bummed when I found out they held the race early.

Will

Comment

Will,

As a student of photography, I find your motion work to be excellent. You should PM some of the the Old Guard on this board to get some insight on obtaining press credentials and getting out to the pylons. I for one think we need some new blood to cover this event. It wouldn't take much. You could get some sort of local rag to put in a request for you. I used to get credentials on my desk when I worked for the local college rag (Sagebrush).

I see a ton of press out there but not much published. Your work is worthy of publication. That you for posting your work here.

Walter Giller
                  Last edited by boomtown; 09-29-2014, 09:32 PM.
                  "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Walter,
                    Thank you for the complement. None of the local papers here want anything to do with the air races. They don't care. I keep looking for an in, but its proving to be tough. That said, I have been able to get credentials with Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma Raceway for the past several years, so that might help. They used a few of my pics a couple years ago for one of their programs.

To be honest, we need more of the younger crowd to be interested in the races if we want them to continue. Not only pilots but spectators as well. I always try and get some friends to come, but stuff always comes up and they end up backing out at the last minute.

We also need to encourage people like Jim Tobul to bring their warbirds out to run. I sincerely hope Jim comes back next year. It was very cool seeing a new plane wearing race numbers. I hope next year we will see more.

Will

Comment

Working...
                    X