Nut Tree Mustang Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut Tree Mustang Days

For those of you in Nor Cal the Nut Tree Airport in Vacaville will be having Mustang days on Oct. 18. It is a nice little show for that final warbird fix after Reno. Also the Auburn Air Fair Sept. 26, 27 at the Auburn Airport. Saw the sign on the way to Reno.

Mustangs & More has gone west, 2014 was our last year, I will use this facebook site to post onging... 901 sara court, Vacaville, CA 95687

Last edited by Plane Nuts; 09-21-2014, 04:51 PM. Reason: Bad memory

Re: Nut Tree Mustang Days

I'll be there and I'll be showing my car as well. Here is my album from last year. https://www.flickr.com/photos/473099...7637716261153/

Will

Comment

Great photos! Brought to mind that Merlin's Magic wasn't at Reno this year. Anyone know of a reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
        Great photos! Brought to mind that Merlin's Magic wasn't at Reno this year. Anyone know of a reason?
        Retired. No reason just not going to race her anymore
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I've searched their FB page and read a couple news reports from a google search, but nowhere have I been able to find out what the entry fee/parking cost is??
          remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

I think its $5 to park and perhaps $5 per person to get in. It might be free to get in, I can't remember.

Here are my pics from previous years.

Will
            Last edited by RAD2LTR; 10-13-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
              I think its $5 to park and perhaps $5 per person to get in. It might be free to get in, I can't remember.

<>
              Will
              It doesn't really matter to me, I'm going.
              But everyone who I've told I was going has asked how much does it cost to get in and I don't have an answer.
              remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

I was just looking at their facebook and there's a picture of the Bowe's turquoise sea fury with the canopy removed and "the cockpit gutted". Are they putting a race canopy on her?

We can dream right?
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

We have attended every year, the Nut Tree is a great place. Once you get off I-80, you are back in the day! Some great airport stories about the place!
                  The large parking area in front, for Lowes I believe, is where we have parked.

They have charged to get in,in the past, Will said 5 dollars I think that it correct, it is well worth the money.

The first year was awesome, mostly Mustang cars, and P-51's!............They do quite a bit of flying, it looks like a pretty good amount of warbirds to attend.
                  Warbirds45

Comment

This year apparently the car show is open to other makes, so weather permitting, I'll have my track car there (Its supposed to rain here on Friday. Slick tires and no top do not make for a fun thing to drive in the rain.) I haven't heard what all is supposed to be there as far as planes. I'll shoot the organizer an email and see if he has any more info. There is usually a good gathering of Thunder Mustangs, but this year we have lost 2 of the usual crowd.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                      I was just looking at their facebook and there's a picture of the Bowe's turquoise sea fury with the canopy removed and "the cockpit gutted". Are they putting a race canopy on her?

We can dream right?
                      Nope, just getting a "clean up job" and some upgraded instrumentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                        Nope, just getting a "clean up job" and some upgraded instrumentation.
                        Good enough she's a beautiful one
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Sounds like the following P51s will be there.
                          Sparky, Merlins Magic, Comfortably Numb, Red Dog XII, Diamondback, Mike Coutches D model. There could be more, but these are the pre registered ones. It looks like there will be 3 T28s, 1 Sea Fury, 1 Yak 11, 7 T-6/SNJs, 4 Nanchangs, a Travel Air 4000, Waco UPF-7, a Twin Beech, BT15,PT19,PT26. This is an old list so hopefully others will show up.

Will

Comment

Official word is Parking $5 (handled by the Boy Scouts I believe) and $5 per person at the gate.

I think there will also be a B25 at the show as well as whatever else interesting planes reside at Nut Tree.

Will

Comment

, This was taken last night. I hope the photo comes thru, first time uploading a picture.
                              The picture is awesome!
                              Warbirds45

Comment

Working...
                              X