X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rare Bear question

Today, 08:31 AMPylon1_Mark

Chad - no disrespect intended, but changing the way you determine lap speed to make it appear the aircraft are going faster isn't really increasing the speeds on the course. Sorry...

Non taken... Thought the same thing as well over the years as speeds went up on a smaller course.. The one in front wins that's what matters on the 8th lap..
    GO Bear!

Comment

It is about a 3% difference, a 500mph lap pre-change would be roughly 515mph today. A 500 mph lap today would be roughly 485 pre-change.
      I can't recall the exact year it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
        It is about a 3% difference, a 500mph lap pre-change would be roughly 515mph today. A 500 mph lap today would be roughly 485 pre-change.
        I can't recall the exact year it was done.
        ...thinking 1996 with the Bear at 491 and Dago at 490(Qualifying) ...assuming the old course length and layout during that year(?) Wonder what the density altitude was?...
        Last edited by John; 09-28-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

The airplane won't excel until it finds a group of people willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears required. That airplane is mean, if it doesn't like you then move along. Being paid seems like it makes the airplane angry, that's not a good situation. Lyle OWNED that airplane in every way. I miss that bearcat, it seemed to accept me.

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
            Lyle OWNED that airplane in every way. I miss that bearcat, it seemed to accept me.
            Hence the "Benevolent Dictator of RareBearland." Or put another way (to use one of Lyle's all-time classic quotes) "They seem to think this is a f*cking democracy!"

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
              Hence the "Benevolent Dictator of RareBearland." Or put another way (to use one of Lyle's all-time classic quotes) "They seem to think this is a f*cking democracy!"
              Maybe we should start a separate thread...

My Favorite Lyle Quote:

Mine would be..

"it's maaah f%&in airplane!"

This was said to me by Lyle about some sort of discussion over some sort of issue about some sort of thing that I can't remember exactly what it was or, when or where it happened... But whatever it was, Lyle didn't agree with the "consensus" of opinion at that given moment... and made no beans about it!

I really do miss Lyle.
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

How about "clod hopper yaw dampers"? God Bless Lyle.

Comment

Working...
                X