LEEDS , UT-84746
    US
    Registration Date 14 May 2009
    Airworthiness Certificate Type Experimental
    Approved Operations Racing
    Status Valid Registration
    Aircraft Transponder Code 51557017

Re: N5410V

No idea what you are posting this for, that address is a long way from the farm warehouse south of Fresno where Dago in pieces wastes away .

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
      No idea what you are posting this for, that address is a long way from the farm warehouse south of Fresno where Dago in pieces wastes away .
      Will it ever be put together again?

Comment

Originally posted by invader28 View Post
        Yes..
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          Originally posted by invader28 View Post
          Yes..
          As a racer? Or as another warbird?
          remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

I seriously doubt it will be put back together. While at the Wendover Airshow we ran into Terry Bland and he told us that the major parts like the wings and the tail and elevators got separated from the fuselage for payment. The fuselage is sitting in a junk yard exposed to the weather.

Comment

So where's the junkyard located ?? Where is the airplane located. South of Fresno, but exactly where? does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                So where's the junkyard located ?? Where is the airplane located. South of Fresno, but exactly where? does anyone know?
                In the last 10-20 years, I've read numerous stories about theft, where thieves rip out street light wiring, copper pipes and electrical wiring in new home tracts, causing tens of thousands of dollars in damges so they can sell it for a few hundred dollars of scrap metal. I can imagine thieves stealing the parts of the airplane, cutting it up in pieces with a sawzall, so they can fit it inside their truck and sell it for scrap prices. Maybe it's better to keep the location of it secret so thieves don't steal it for scrap.
                Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-20-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I know where , and I've looked it up in street view, but yea posting private addresses online not too cool.

Comment

So GRNDP-51 say's it will be put back together, that's great news! However, we've been hearing that for a couple years. Does anyone know who the new owner is, and why are thay storing her outside in a junkyard if they plan to rebuild her? Has any work been done? What happened to the wings, etc. that were given up for payment? Does anyone know who owns those now? Enquiring minds want to know!

PS, I do agree that (because of potential theft) the location of Dago should be kept a secret. So I'm not asking any info on that.

Race 29
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

It's not in a junkyard! It's owned by Eric Hoffman and he has at least one other P-51 project.

Comment

Last Sunday I heard from a source that Dago is stored in Utah, completely void of paint.

So, I hope that source is correct, vs sitting in a scrap yard. The plane and heritage is priceless.

Hope to some day chant Go Dago Go again.

There comes a point when certain racers will have more value and true race pedigree as a racer.

Dago
                        Strega
                        VooDoo
                        Miss America
                        Precious Metal

Comment

I heard on a recent test flight it left the earth and is now on the moon.

Comment

I was just taking a stab at it to spark some conversation, I actually have the least bit of info on Dago and that's killing me! I love the speculation and hope it's where Wild Bill says it is, I also think we as the AAFO community should go get the pieces that are left and put them somewhere safe… Anyone wanna help
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                              I was just taking a stab at it to spark some conversation, I actually have the least bit of info on Dago and that's killing me! I love the speculation and hope it's where Wild Bill says it is, I also think we as the AAFO community should go get the pieces that are left and put them somewhere safe… Anyone wanna help
                              You can count me in!

Comment

Working...
                              X