WOW !! Cheap Ticket Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW !! Cheap Ticket Prices

I visited Virginia City today. Had lunch at a BBQ place on the southern end of town, which by the way, had a great Tri Tip Sandwich. What was really interesting about this place is, they have numerous Air Racing posters on the walls. Evidently the owners father use to volunteer at the Races. Several of the posters had ticket prices posted, $3.00 for adult ticket. That one showed the dates, but not the year. Anyway, if you get up there, stop by for a good lunch and enjoy the posters.
    Brian

Re: WOW !! Cheap Ticket Prices

Originally posted by supercub View Post
    I visited Virginia City today. Had lunch at a BBQ place on the southern end of town, which by the way, had a great Tri Tip Sandwich. What was really interesting about this place is, they have numerous Air Racing posters on the walls. Evidently the owners father use to volunteer at the Races. Several of the posters had ticket prices posted, $3.00 for adult ticket. That one showed the dates, but not the year. Anyway, if you get up there, stop by for a good lunch and enjoy the posters.
    Brian
    That could be Bob Williamson, the former Ramp Chief.

Comment

They were busy, so didn't get to talk to them much.......but might have been.
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss View Post
        That could be Bob Williamson, the former Ramp Chief.
        Bob is a cool guy. Thats his family business, Virginia City BBQ & Jerky Company. He runs it with his wife, daughter and son. Several years back he retired :-) and moved to Alaska to open a similar BBQ place. Ended up moving back.

He lives a good unstressed life up there and makes the best jerky, and, just start talking air races and you'll hear some good stories. The memorabilia hanging on the walls tells it all.

Shameless plug for a good ole RARA guy - He sells and ships some great jerky packages for me around the holidays. Give them a visit.

Comment

Working...
        X