My RENO week!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My RENO week!!!!

Wow.. I stepped up and did something I've never done before, be part of a live internet TV LIVE broadcast...

Much of the early week was spent doing the most menial of grunt work.. (I think in the moving media world, it's called "grip" work) running cables, being a chauffer, fixing stuff.. picking up litter in the "compound"... But I'll tell you, even being a part of a group like the liveairshowtv.com guys at the bottom is pretty darn cool!

Somewhere in the process of the week, we shared a phone contact list, lots of really well qualified race media folks.. (auto racing video people) with their name, email address and phone number listed with their duty.. "production crew" "camera"... etc.. along in the middle is my name with "Talent"... as my job description..

Wanna talk about butterflies??

First day "talent" work, I was totally off! Had my mentor in my ear, trying to be him, didn't work for me really well and I flubbed a bit..

Does not matter!

It was all training for Saturday, September 13, 2014!4

I had a mission "script" based on what we thought would happen, I'll just say that as the event transpired, directive went out the window and it became a mad scramble to get permission to divert from mission, and, even bigger, get the information in my hand so that I could present it to Tiger and Stevo!

OK.. I MEANT to insert this information in the interview, "we've just gotten information from our NAG express contact who has been feeding us up to the minute information all week, Curtis Cash.. (AKA Bikenutty) but, I was on a 40-60 second leash on time on air, I knew I'd blown about 10 of those seconds reawakinging my smarter than me phone (garbled but in the interview) You will note that I look off camera at one point, my director is NOT in my line of sight and as I did in an earlier interview I did not want to run long because I could not see him..

Anyway.. watch at http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1351409/RenoRaceOn14 at about 7 minutes, just before 8 minutes I'm still in unreliable internet connection world..

Not happy about my haircut, LOL, but happy about the content.. Both Tiger and Stevo knew the results as I showed them, via Curtis Bikenutty Cash on my smarterthanme phone!

THANKS CURTIS!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: My RENO week!!!!

Funny.. I was *just* re-watching that interview. Great job - you got Tiger to be Tiger at his best and you just can't do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by L.E.D. View Post
      Funny.. I was *just* re-watching that interview. Great job - you got Tiger to be Tiger at his best and you just can't do better than that.
      Just landing (driving) RON K Falls, finally got to see the race from other angles, and that finish!

My shorts were on fire!

Cool that Jeff and the crew were able to get that stuff uploaded so quickly!

Fun week getting to wear many shirts! Worked with an absolutely fabulous professional crew, Jeff Lee, Bryan Lee, Mark Allen, HANS KUMMAR!... EVERYONE...

Still floating in ground effect watching and catching the emotion of the moment again..

WOW!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

You did a GREAT job! Wayne, you helped make my race week.

Comment

You did a great job Wayne!

So those results...were they official RARA results pre-DQ?

Comment

WAYNE!!

I was so glad to see you IN THE SADDLE this year.. way to go!

Do it again next year, you were great!!

- Joseph

Comment

You did a great Job Wayne.......

In another thread I nominated you to replace the "Other Guy" 35 Years around the races definitely qualifies you!

the "Grip Boys" (as my Wife calls them) do a tough and thank less job.
              Last edited by Jim58; 09-16-2014, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I saw you everywhere! Hopefully one of the dozens of photos I took of you as a fast moving target comes out clear, focused and not on the wrong camera settings. If you moved any faster they would have had to assign you a race number...

Comment

Wayne, when you interviewed Tiger, you were at your best. I think that the adrenaline from the Reno crowd could have fueled every plane on the ramp. It is a hard emotion to control, a race once a year, the VooDoo Strega build up, and then THE RACE THAT MAY BE THE BEST EVER AT RENO!
                  Not only were you shaking from all the excitement and drama, so were the two announcers!

What great stories will come from your week at Reno, awesome job Wayne!

Thanks for taking care of Bob!

Warbirds45

Comment

Originally posted by Warbirds45 View Post
                    Wayne, when you interviewed Tiger, you were at your best. I think that the adrenaline from the Reno crowd could have fueled every plane on the ramp. It is a hard emotion to control, a race once a year, the VooDoo Strega build up, and then THE RACE THAT MAY BE THE BEST EVER AT RENO!
                    Not only were you shaking from all the excitement and drama, so were the two announcers!

What great stories will come from your week at Reno, awesome job Wayne!

Thanks for taking care of Bob!

Warbirds45
                    Hey guys, thanks to everyone who's commented both here and in person, it was truly a moment I'll never forget! The moon and stars aligned and then Curtis "Bikenutty" Cash truly made that interview happen!

Another question addressed, the results were a photo that Curtis took of the first run of the UNOFFICIAL results sheet.. literally wet ink stuff! He texted it, between my first seeing it and getting the cue to go live, the darn screen went back to my the "slide to open" page, I then had to do about three steps to bring it back up... god.. what a nervous three seconds!

Sucks to be near blind up close!

Thanks again everyone!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                      You did a GREAT job! Wayne, you helped make my race week.
                      Just noticed the residence part of your name tag... you live.... where?????
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                      X