2014 PM gold race cockpit video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 PM gold race cockpit video

Was the reason for disqualification put in writing with an exact time, location and person name who witnessed it? Does the video show proof that this did not occur? If you are innocent and have video proof, write a demand letter for payment with factual evidence and if they refuse to pay you, sue them in court for loss of income, punitive damages, lawyer and court fees. Gross Negligence and Dereliction of Duty covers a large area. Sometimes, lawsuits are the only way to deal with unreasonable matters/people.
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-15-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Thom, 1st thank you for the effort and video. To me it looks like a clean line and great race. Are you coming back through KADS?

Lynn

Comment

Thom,

I really hope that this isn't the end of PM at Reno. I've loved watching her be built up into the howling beast she is now, and it would be a major hit to the sport if we lost a team with your passion. I was next to my dad (AERRACE) all afternoon and there were definitely planes that appeared to come closer to the crowd than you did. It was never even a thought in our minds as long-time spectators that you were anything but a safe distance from the crowd.

We had a long discussion about it at dinner, and it would be absurd that they have redundant checks for finish line and pylon cuts, but not for something that is supposed to be enforced for spectator safety. I don't have as much experience as others in terms of judging, but I know for a fact that no one judge cannot be infallible. I recently did timing for a rally event, and data was checked in duplicate at both end of each stage.

Having an non-reviewable call laid against you is one thing, but having that call literally cost you is another. I hear people who have gone to the races for years saying they won't come back, and I write them off as heat of the moment naysayers. After this though, it's actually a thought for me. Most spetembers in my life have been spent on that ramp, cheering and sweating and burning. If this is how hey are going to treat their participants, and aren't going to change heir ways, then maybe the event is not the kind of thing I want to be a part of. They can fudge attendance numbers all they want, and bring in fancy new sponsors and PR groups, but if the spirit of the races is gone then maybe it's time to let it go.

Hopefully they'll make this right so we'll see you, your crew and that gorgeous plane next year.

Gordon

Comment

Having watched the video start to finish I call BS on the DQ determination. Thom's closest approach to the North edge of 8/26 appeared to be on the first lap, with each subsequent lap getting closer to the pylons and home pylon - a very clean race from what I could tell.

Thom, it was great to see you, PM and the team do so well this year and it is a travesty to have that outstanding performance taken away.

You guys did a great job, safe flight home.

'Gimp
          sigpic
          1987 Yakovlev Yak-52
          Comm-Instr, High-Perf/Complex, TW

Comment

There was absolutely nothing wrong with your line

Comment

Thanks for the Video Thom! Love watching you all race!
              Tony

Comment

The question everyone wants to know, but hasn't been asked, "How much was the prize for 3rd place Unlimited Sunday Gold Race?"

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                  The question everyone wants to know, but hasn't been asked, "How much was the prize for 3rd place Unlimited Sunday Gold Race?"
                  And what's the difference between 3rd and what ever place PM ended up in?

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                    And what's the difference between 3rd and what ever place PM ended up in?
                    Quite a bit actually!

Comment

I just looked at the video several times, if it's lap 2, at pylon 2 & 3 at approx. 8:27, I don't see it. Looks like he's tucked in tight. Perhaps on pylon 3, he's slightly wide, and I mean SLIGHTLY......anyone passing would be way wider then Thom was. Judging from that video, I have to side with Thom.......would be nice to have a video, or pictures from the judges perspective. I agree with others, if this was the call of just one person, this needs to be changed with additional judges, videos or a combination.
                      On another note, they need to work with the FAA and do away with the maximum altitude rule too..........the reasoning behind that rule is ridiculous.
                      Brian

Comment

Thom,

Thank you for your effort in bringing your good look'in bird to the NCAR this year.

Let me be the one to ask, how pissed are you at the outcome? Will you ever come back?

I was even wearing my PM shirt Sunday.
                        '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Thom, permission to separate this from this thread and post as separate thread

MESSAGE FROM THOM RICHARD or something like that. I'm afraid "need to read" stuff like this, posted within a large thread with lots of posts, will be lost..

Class act does not even begin to describe your team and your effort..

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            Thom, permission to separate this from this thread and post as separate thread

MESSAGE FROM THOM RICHARD or something like that. I'm afraid "need to read" stuff like this, posted within a large thread with lots of posts, will be lost..

Class act does not even begin to describe your team and your effort..

Wayne, I agree Thom's statement should be a separate post so everyone who visits this site has a chance to read it. Yes he is a class act and has a wonderful crew. Individuals like Thom are the future of air racing in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald McMullin View Post
                              Wayne, I agree Thom's statement should be a separate post so everyone who visits this site has a chance to read it. Yes he is a class act and has a wonderful crew. Individuals like Thom are the future of air racing in this country.
                              Done!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X