Race 88 sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race 88 sport

Didn't make it to the runway ran into the dirt and from here looks like it spun around a little bit. Prayers Bob is safe.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Race 88 sport

Up and walking around!!!!!!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Talked to him in the Sport pit, he was fine with no bumps or bruises. Saw a couple pics of the airplane, which is intact but obviously damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by flyride View Post
        Talked to him in the Sport pit, he was fine with no bumps or bruises. Saw a couple pics of the airplane, which is intact but obviously damaged.
        That's good news, thank you for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by flyride View Post
          Great news! Glad Bob's doing well, looked a little bumpy from the stands, nice to hear the plane might be somewhat salvageable as well
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I have a full sequence of photos from mayday to the rescue trucks reaching on-scene, but cannot upload them, for some reason….help, Wayne!?!?!

Sam
            Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
              I have a full sequence of photos from mayday to the rescue trucks reaching on-scene, but cannot upload them, for some reason….help, Wayne!?!?!

Sam
              Unsure why unable but probably a good thing.

Call RARA office, get your shots to them. They will share with the FAA and DOT..

If ANY of you ever have significant photos, please don't hesitate to share with proper authorities..

I'll try to get better contact links up!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post

Sam
                Unsure why you're unable connect directly this weekend, the connectivity gets pretty spotty out there during the week.

Call RARA office, get your shots to them. They will share with the FAA and NTSB..

If ANY of you ever have significant photos, please don't hesitate to share with proper authorities..

I believe, any contact link on the RARA site would work to get significant information to them.

I'd encourage everyone to review their shots carefully when incidents take place.

If you're like me, you might have THE shot but, you're not going to see it for a month or four....... ..

Anyway, what I'm trying to convey, if you were shooting during any such event, if you were shooting at the time, even if you were looking the other way, submit your stuff!

Nice when someone walks away
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Now that i know how to share the photos, here's the sequence I shot of Race 88's "landing". Sorry they are blurry, I was maxed out on my paltry lens. The thing I find most impressive is the timestamps on the final two photos. From the last picture (5:05:42-central time) to EMS vehicles on scene (5:07:13) was only 1:31!!!! Sure wish Eddie Andreini could have had such a quick response time!

Sam

Biplane Race #3

Comment

Sam, thanks for the photos. Wished I'd caught up with you this year.

From the preliminary NTSB report:

The pilot reported an inflight fire in the engine compartment combined with a loss of power during a race, and pulled off the course. He was unable to discharge the fire extinguisher, and declared an emergency. The pilot exchanged airspeed for altitude; however as his airplane was on fire, he stated that he did not want too much altitude. He made an emergency landing short of runway 14.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
                      Sam, thanks for the photos. Wished I'd caught up with you this year.

From the preliminary NTSB report:

The pilot reported an inflight fire in the engine compartment combined with a loss of power during a race, and pulled off the course. He was unable to discharge the fire extinguisher, and declared an emergency. The pilot exchanged airspeed for altitude; however as his airplane was on fire, he stated that he did not want too much altitude. He made an emergency landing short of runway 14.
                      Thanks Chris. Hope to see you in a crew room somewhere, otherwise in Reno next year! All the best,
                      Sam
                      Biplane Race #3

Comment

Working...
                      X