Unleashed sport 55 DNS on Saturday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unleashed sport 55 DNS on Saturday.

Any news on the reason Tom was unable to start? I have been wearing his fan shirts all weekend.

Re: Unleashed sport 55 DNS on Saturday.

FB page indicated a radio failure.

Comment

Hey sorry for the slow reply here, just got back to my desk and getting caught up.

I missed my first heat/race ever because I couldn't check in to the pace plane on Saturday. The radio was on, and I could hear race control, but nothing on ground. I guess they could here me though.. It really, really sucked.. I didn't even watch the race. haha

That was a sign of things to come. The radio worked Sunday, but when I landed the display was off so I couldn't see the frequencies. The next day (Monday) we were leaving for home and the same problem. Radio works, no display. I taxied out with Mark Frederick #12 and left as a flight of 2, so he did the talking. After we got airborne we parted ways and I flew home without it. Really don't want to do that again.

Moral of the story, need to find a radio sponsor! haha

Sunday's race was the most fun I have ever had in an airplane. The video should be amazing. I'll post here when I get it edited.

Thanks,
      Tom McNerney
      Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
        Hey sorry for the slow reply here, just got back to my desk and getting caught up.

I missed my first heat/race ever because I couldn't check in to the pace plane on Saturday. The radio was on, and I could hear race control, but nothing on ground. I guess they could here me though.. It really, really sucked.. I didn't even watch the race. haha

That was a sign of things to come. The radio worked Sunday, but when I landed the display was off so I couldn't see the frequencies. The next day (Monday) we were leaving for home and the same problem. Radio works, no display. I taxied out with Mark Frederick #12 and left as a flight of 2, so he did the talking. After we got airborne we parted ways and I flew home without it. Really don't want to do that again.

Moral of the story, need to find a radio sponsor! haha

Sunday's race was the most fun I have ever had in an airplane. The video should be amazing. I'll post here when I get it edited.

Thanks,
        Tom McNerney
        Thanks for the answer Tom,
        When the announcers were calling out pilots and planes on Saturday, my wife and I both looked at each other and thought oh no a DNS ! ! Glad it was not a mechanical. I like to file IFR on most x-country flights, so I understand the desire to have a working radio in there. We are planning on coming out and camping next year. Look forward to meeting you in person.

Tom and Ely.

Comment

Working...
        X