Best.Race.Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best.Race.Ever

Today's unlimited gold was amazing. Tiger and Strega were about half a spinner length behind Steveo and Voodoo. I'm a relative newcomer (this is my 18th year) and today was on another level.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Strega may be done for the weekend. Either way, thank you Tiger for going for the win!
    Last edited by Ebehne; 09-13-2014, 06:17 PM.

Re: Best.Race.Ever

"Tiger" you gave us a show. Man YOU are awesome!

Comment

Without a Doubt.....That was the best Unlimited Finish I have ever seen.........

TIGER REALLY KNOWS HOW TO PUT ON A SHOW..........

THANK YOU SIR !!!

I sure hope LD and the guys can make it happen again tomorrow......

WOW

Comment

By my unofficial watch from the High G Ridge VooDoo was turning 59 second laps. The last time around I timed a 60 second lap allowing I believe Strega to close on VooDoo. From my vantage point Strega was above us on the ridge high and VooDoo was low and tight flying a perfect line. It did look good at the finish line.

Comment

I had Voodoo in the 59s as well. 59.15 on lap 3. I missed the start button on the first two.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

In 38 years of attending the races I can say without a doubt that race was the most exciting I have ever seen. I am still feeling stunned by the intensity of the finish.

Comment

Only my 7th year at the races and that was the best Unlimited race I've seen!!

What's the word on Strega? I swung by there after our BBQ and it didn't look they were pulling the engine or anything??? I did not get to hear Bill's interview.
              Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JMS View Post
                By my unofficial watch from the High G Ridge VooDoo was turning 59 second laps. The last time around I timed a 60 second lap allowing I believe Strega to close on VooDoo. From my vantage point Strega was above us on the ridge high and VooDoo was low and tight flying a perfect line. It did look good at the finish line.
                All timers in our area showed VooDoo ran a bit slower on the final lap so it was a bit of Stevo slowing and Tiger speeding up which really closed the already small gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                  I had Voodoo in the 59s as well. 59.15 on lap 3. I missed the start button on the first two.
                  I had Tiger at 58.25 on Lap 5. Unofficial of course.
                  "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

I can't remember a better one. Been going since '81. Wish Tiger would have held off 'till Sunday though. Maybe Stevo gave him an opening he couldn't resist.

Gotta think the Bear camp loved watching those two superstangs burn each other down. Wonder how much more they've got?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2712.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	227785Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2713.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	227786Looked like Steaga To me !

Comment

Air race TV reporting strega's mayday was not as bad as Tiger thought.

Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
                          Air race TV reporting strega's mayday was not as bad as Tiger thought.

Hmm.
                          Too bad Tiger got DQ'd for high flight and killed his motor in the process....

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post

All timers in our area showed VooDoo ran a bit slower on the final lap so it was a bit of Stevo slowing and Tiger speeding up which really closed the already small gap.
                            That is generally true of every single plane out there in my experience. That's probably just a product running a particular power setting and energy bleeding off.

Last 3 laps I had for Voodoo.

Lap 4- 59.15 (I referred to this lap as lap 3 previously. It's actually lap 4)
                            Lap 5- 59.50
                            Lap 6- 59.70

Steveo is super consistent and his aircraft is super slick. It makes for really steady lap times. The slower guys are dropping a second or so a lap in some cases. Those times for Steveo and Voodoo are really impressive from that point of view as well. Strega would have been much more fun to time in that race. Good call boomtown.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Despite so many of them qualifying as heros and legends, and despite it being obvious that our sport is full of the best pilots in the world, when we look back in many years we might all agree that the witty farmer, Tiger, may have been the best personality that ever 'happened to' the NCAR sport.
                              _________
                              -Matt
                              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
                              X