• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strega won

Reports are in. .012 seconds
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Strega won

Results are UNOFFICIAL at this time. Finish line photos say otherwise!

Comment

No. Strega disqualified for flying too high.

Comment

I wonder why they didn't announce that 45 minutes later when they were still trying to determin who won the photo finish?

Race 29
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I just saw on RARA's website that Tiger was in fact disqualified (still unofficial). I know the rules have to be followed, but I didn't think he was THAT high, and I'm a Voodoo fan! Just my opinion. At least it was a GREAT race, and everyone is on the ground safe!

Race 29
          Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I believe that there was an appeal process put in place as a result of the stalemate and near strike of the unlimited class last year. Not sure if that might play into things here.

Regardless, what a race! Just wish I had seen it live. I'm eternally grateful to have liveairshowtv, was glued to my phone that whole race.
            Last edited by omalley1537; 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

They knew who crossed the Finnish line first. The question was flying to high, and had to get that info in. Also there is an appeal process.

Comment

Un believable race... too bad abt the high dsq though. Just left the pits, Strega's engine is full of water, no metal though. Not looking good for tomorrow but who knows...

Comment

Does anyone know why Tiger maydayed and landed basically deadstick? Is he out or just a heat issue or some such?
                  BTW BEST finish to a race I have seen in 38 years! I wondered if he got too high on the back, and if he could get low enough bu 8, but, WOW!
                  Last edited by Leo; 09-13-2014, 07:40 PM.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I am in agreement. .. what a spectacular race. Tiger flew his ass off and ran the plane hard enough to win. I really wish he had saved it for tomorrow!

$$

Comment

I also have been going since Lefty won back in 1976, and that was the best finish ever. I hope that they can get Strega back in the hunt on Sunday.

Comment

Tiger said Strega running rough just after the finish, maydayed to a very quick landing, not deadstick, though, still had power.
                        He said he had plenty left on the last lap and just kept moving up, not pushing that hard he felt. Fast landing without cooldown may have blown something in the cooling system, engine wound up full of water. But the original roughness might have been burned piston according to crew. The weren't sure yet as of ~ 7 pm. Didn't look good for Sunday...

Comment

Watching the Strega Facebook page, sounds like they just took her out for a run-up. Back working on her. Sounds like they might be racing tomorrow.

Also, check out the photo posted with Strega a spinner ahead of Voodoo.
                          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                          My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Strega was just out for a motor run, sounded good!

Florian
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X