announcers and basic math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: announcers and basic math

Skip would be great! Alan Preston, Bruce Lockwood, Dan Martin, Matt Jackson, or one of the Sanders Brothers? Any member of Section 3? Please...please...find a replacement! The fans are not insulted or subjected to that kind of rambling at an NHRA, NASCAR, Supercross or MX events.

Comment

Originally posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
      Totally agree. And I've had it with him referring to Steve Jr as "Little Steve" or "Stevie Hinton" or "Little Stevie Hinton"...makes me want to spit. He's so bad.
      How about "Stuy Dawson"...pretty sure its just Stu or Stuart or Stewart....

Or how about "Sherm Smoot" in race 77....?

Pretty sure the canopy on Voodoo says "Steve-o"...can't even get that right....
      Last edited by eallen; 09-13-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eallen View Post
        Skip would be great! Alan Preston, Bruce Lockwood, Dan Martin, Matt Jackson, or one of the Sanders Brothers? Any member of Section 3? Please...please...find a replacement! The fans are not insulted or subjected to that kind of rambling at an NHRA, NASCAR, Supercross or MX events.
        Bob Hoover, please

Comment

We have talked about this before but my goodness do they need to go. Thanks, KC

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
            Bob Hoover, please
            All of the above would be great!
            If Tiger wasn't racing I'm sure he'd be an awesome announcer!

Comment

Here we go again...."the mustang powered P-51D Mustang the rebel..." Then the old "Stuy Dawson" and of course the "3350 powered Sea Fury "924"....I think that plane has the original motor in it...the Bristol Centaurus?

My fav....the "single engine Tiger Cat..."

Keeps calling Jim Tobul "Joe"....

He has to go...come on...wake up RARA! Get an unlimited pilot in there to help out with the announcing!
              Last edited by eallen; 09-14-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eallen View Post
                Here we go again...."the mustang powered P-51D Mustang the rebel..." Then the old "Stuy Dawson" and of course the "3350 powered Sea Fury "924"....I think that plane has the original motor in it...the Bristol Centaurus?

My fav....the "single engine Tiger Cat..."

He has to go...come on...wake up RARA! Get an unlimited pilot in there to help out with the announcing!
                Hahahahaha sitting here thinking the same thing,
                SO DONE WITH STEVE GET HIM OUT
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I graduate with a broadcast degree in May,
                  and I'm going to make it my mission to take his place!

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
                    I graduate with a broadcast degree in May,
                    and I'm going to make it my mission to take his place!
                    GO FOR IT...

we need someone with actual Knowledge of what he is talking about...

STACKAFRACKAS NEEDS TO RETIRE.....
                    Last edited by Jim58; 09-15-2014, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Don't remember Sandy Sanders ever screwing up like this . Yet they fired him . Insane.

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
                        Don't remember Sandy Sanders ever screwing up like this . Yet they fired him . Insane.
                        What about the great line repeated during every gold race "Take that NASCAR" Genius.

Comment

It was hilarious watching the post-race show on Saturday...Jeff Lee (who's not too bad) was trying every way he could to tell him to shut up so he could talk and he was just jabbering away. Some news had come in over the headsets and Lee couldn't get a word in edgewise.

Watch it again...he tries to interrupt, points at himself with his pen, tries to interrupt again....funny stuff.

Comment

Give Wayne the job....he knows more about the sport than "The Other Guy"....I thought Wayne did a great job in his interviews.

just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
                              Totally agree. And I've had it with him referring to Steve Jr as "Little Steve" or "Stevie Hinton" or "Little Stevie Hinton"...makes me want to spit. He's so bad.
                              As someone named Steve, I have to say that I'd rather be called something unprintable than "Stevie." I absolutely hate it- although Steve Hinton Jr. might not react the same way I do (but he is known to go by 'Steve-O' if you must use a nickname).

And does *anyone* call Stu Dawson "Stewie?" Maybe he doesn't mind, but it makes my teeth itch for the same reason I hate "Stevie." Its a diminutive, which is insulting by default.

Then there was the inexplicable moment during the Sunday Gold when Sherman Smoot became 'Sherm Cooper.' Wiskey Tango Foxtrot, dude?

Now I FULLY REALIZE that I would screw up even worse trying to talk unscripted, keep it interesting, and convey facts all day. Difference being: I know I'm unfit for the job, and that there are people out there who have a GIFT for that kind of thing!
                              Last edited by 440_Magnum; 09-15-2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I echo all of the above comments on the crumby announcers that don't know a lot about the sport they're announcing! On Sunday morning for one of the formula races they were announcing the pilots and planes and said something to the effect "racer such and such is being raced today by so and so WHO IS A PILOT". I thought, wow, didn't know they even let non-pilots race.

And when Argo took off last for the Sunday gold because of the engine starting problems, they stuck to the script and announced 924 was the Sanders' 3350 powered Argo (I know its a 2800) and then Argo was announced as the Sanders' other 3350 powered Sea Fury 924 (Bristol powered). Even if you're totally ignorant of the engine types in each plane, they do have really big numbers clearly visible on the fuselage of both planes - if you care to look at them.

Comment

Working...
                                X