• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM and Strega showdown

Checked the pairings, PM vs Strega for the gold tomorrow
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: PM and Strega showdown

Words cannot express how much I'd love to see PM win that race!

Comment

In a way, we have a gold race in the silver race. I'm pretty sure both Strega and PM will run away from the rest of the field. The question becomes how hard are they going to push? If 2nd place sets the pace, with two gold contenders in the silver, are we going to see crazy speeds between these two as they battle it out for a better starting place on Sunday? Are we going to see one or both of these guys show their hands early? PM has more time on the motor, but did have an issue. Strega has a fresh motor, but is Tiger willing to push it hard with so little time on it? Do we have the makings for the fastest silver race ever? This might be interesting.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
        In a way, we have a gold race in the silver race. I'm pretty sure both Strega and PM will run away from the rest of the field. The question becomes how hard are they going to push? If 2nd place sets the pace, with two gold contenders in the silver, are we going to see crazy speeds between these two as they battle it out for a better starting place on Sunday? Are we going to see one or both of these guys show their hands early? PM has more time on the motor, but did have an issue. Strega has a fresh motor, but is Tiger willing to push it hard with so little time on it? Do we have the makings for the fastest silver race ever? This might be interesting.

Will
        I think they are going to push it, because who ever doesn't get the bump today starts at the back of pack on Sunday (assuming they get the last bump). And I think we saw last year that it's pretty hard to win the Gold from last place.

I have gathered from what I've read, that PM is set up so that the props are most efficient at an RPM that isn't working the engine overly hard -much like Tsunami was. I have no idea whether that's the case or not though?
        If it is the case, I think Thom will be more likely to go for the win today knowing that it's going to wear down Strega's engine more than his.

Comment

None of it matters.

86 is going to win on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
            None of it matters.

All sarcasm aside, it would be something to see the little 'Mate get the trophy
            "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
            -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
              None of it matters.

That would be different. Who knows, it could happen. It would take some doing, but anything is possible.

GO PM! I think its time to see a Griffon on the podium. Its high time for one to be eating magicians, yaks, bears and corncobs.

Will

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but why is Tiger on the pole for the upcoming Silver race? I though that when you bumped in from a lower category you started at the bottom?

Seems like a smart move given his speed, but just wondered what the rationale was.

Comment

Originally posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
                  Forgive my ignorance, but why is Tiger on the pole for the upcoming Silver race? I though that when you bumped in from a lower category you started at the bottom?

Seems like a smart move given his speed, but just wondered what the rationale was.
                  He didn't bump, he's been in silver
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Oh d'oh!! Right.

Comment

Well, that was anticlimactic. PM wasn't even trying.

Will

Comment

Update? Driving .

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
                          Update? Driving .
                          strega 1st 462.431
                          PM 2nd 423.785 34 seconds back

Comment

PM was never going to win that one head-to-head unless Strega broke, so why hurt the machinery more than what was necessary to finish ahead of 924 for second? Smart racecraft by Thom I'd say.

Comment

I read something interesting on the Strega FB page. I have no clue how valid it is but this is a cut and paste, I have no clue who this Carol Suzanne Butler person is...

"Carol Suzanne Butler: Chris, PM just had something big like a motor come in from Fl today. Hmmm, no sleep tonight!"

Since PMs censored areas have been uncovered, looking at my pics from last year of the same areas, I don't see a single difference between them. It looks like the same motor. Do we have a case of misdirection going on? Anyone see a Griffon sized crate being hauled through the pits at some point today or late yesterday? I know they got a carb flown out, but that isn't big enough to be mistaken as a motor. Strega got their motor, perhaps that is what was seen. Who knows.

I'd go investigate in person, but I won't be up there till tomorrow. I don't really wish to propagate a false rumor here. I also haven't seen any reference anywhere else of this package either.

Will

Comment

Working...
                              X