• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strega cuts pylon

Sawbones wins!!!

They both move up apparently..?
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Strega cuts pylon

I wonder how much the new course had to do with it for tiger ... or did he leave his glasses in the pits?
    1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

Originally posted by comancheflyer View Post
      I wonder how much the new course had to do with it for tiger ... or did he leave his glasses in the pits?
      We'll have a little more respect for Tiger..

- J

Comment

According to Strega facebook post, Tiger will have to race the silver tomorrow with PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Oberev View Post
          According to Strega facebook post, Tiger will have to race the silver tomorrow with PM.
          Well this is gonna be fun lol. Wait but will they both bump into gold by sunday? What if Pm/Strega has to start last on Sunday, that will screw everything up like last year..

*This really screwed Thom up…
          I believe that Strega is faster than PM so Strega will win tomorrow. PM will be last on Sunday.
          There might be an insanely good race tomorrow for the Silver….
          Last edited by GRNDP51; 09-11-2014, 05:04 PM.
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Waiting on confirmation, but I believe they were bumping the top two out of today's silver heat to the Gold due to the way everything shook out with the lack or airplanes. PM can bump from the Silver on Saturday, and no one will bump up from Sunday's Silver final.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
              Waiting on confirmation, but I believe they were bumping the top two out of today's silver heat to the Gold due to the way everything shook out with the lack or airplanes. PM can bump from the Silver on Saturday, and no one will bump up from Sunday's Silver final.
              Hoping that's how it works, don't want what happened last year for any of the top guys
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Cut pylon? Which one? It looked like a deadline violation in the VOS to me.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                  Cut pylon? Which one? It looked like a deadline violation in the VOS to me.
                  "Cut pylon 4, lap 6"
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
                    We'll have a little more respect for Tiger..

- J
                    I have nothing but the up most respect for Tiger and have always been a big fan. If we can't have a little rib'n fun in these posts once in a while then I'm done with this site.
                    1960 Piper Comanche

Comment

Originally posted by comancheflyer View Post
                      I have nothing but the up most respect for Tiger and have always been a big fan. If we can't have a little rib'n fun in these posts once in a while then I'm done with this site.
                      Hahaha everyone has to be so critical on this site. It's all just fun joking around everyone jeez
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I'm curious why they don't have some kind of high visibility flashing light on top of each pylon. Imagine 450-500mph, 100 feet off the ground, tiny canopy which distorts a clear view, glare from the sun, 45 degree bank, hot, noisey etc etc.

Wonder what the pilot would tell you why he missed the turning point?
                        Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-12-2014, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                          I'm curious why they don't have some kind of high visibility flashing light on top of each pylon. Imagine 450-500mph, 100 feet off the ground, tiny canopy which distorts a clear view, 45 degree bank, hot, noisey etc etc.

Wonder what the pilot would tell you why he missed the turning point?
                          **** was going by too fast..............

Comment

Thats a tuff deal at those speeds when you consider all the variables in regards to safety.

There should be some give and take on RARAs part. Maybe a lucky dawg rule, your allowed one minor cut infraction in the races up to Saturday (the pilot can choose to accept the cut penalty or take the one time lucky dawg pass? On Sunday no cuts allowed.

Since we only have these races once a year, the team go to great expense to get here, some consideration should be given.

Comment

I thought the rules of competition were set by each class organization and not by RARA. Interesting idea though. How would you define a "minor" cut versus a "major" cut?
                              Sky Critter

Comment

Working...
                              X